You will come across a lot of people riding bikes in Bordeaux. It is a convenient way to avoid traffic and circulate the smaller streets downtown. If you’d like to buy or rent a bike during your stay, here is a list of bike shops in Bordeaux where you will find the trendiest and best bikes.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Esprit Cycles Bordeaux
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Esprit Cycles Bordeaux is a chic boutique located near Place Gambetta, a very convenient place to access in the Bordeaux city center, where you can buy or rent new and used bicycles. One of the great things about this store is that you can just show up with you bike and get it fixed in a very short time. In addition to that, customers praise the staff friendliness.
Le Garage Moderne
If you like vintage bicycles and cross-activity spaces, you are going to love the Garage Moderne in Bordeaux Baccalan. You can purchase fully repaired bikes, or help out while your bicycle is being repaired and pay a lesser fee when it’s done. Also an automobile repair shop and a place where cool events are regularly organized, you will have a great time here either way.
If you need a bike to get to work, for long trips, or to ride with your children, you should head to Cyvea Bordeaux, which is part of a 20-store chain across France and where you can have access to high-quality bicycles.
Located on the easily-accessible Quai de Richelieu (take the tram A or C until the Porte de Bourgogne stop), this shop will do any type of repair of any bike. Besides that, the broad selection of bikes will satisfy all bicycle users.
Hopefully, you won’t have to deal with the rain during your trip to Bordeaux, but if you do, you won’t have to worry about getting wet while riding your rental bike. Popins is in the super trendy Saint James area and showcases elegant bikes that come with umbrella holders. Ready to sing and ride in the rain?
La Maison du Vélo
La Maison du Vélo‘s purpose is to answer all cyclist needs in Bordeaux. It is notorious for lending bikes for free, both short-term and long-term (under some circumstances). The Maison du Vélo also has an atelier to repair your bike, and a wash station as well.
Chic et à Bicyclette Bordeaux
Chic et à Bicyclette Bordeaux is the ideal boutique if you are looking for original products and accessories – from dandy horses to tandem bikes. Prices will fit every budget.
Pierre qui roule Atelier
Another great atelier in Gambetta, is where you can choose from a large selection of both new and used bikes. Come to this charming atelier to buy your used gear, or find all the accessories necessary to fix up your bike.
Brocante du Dimanche (Sunday yard sale)
For those who love flea markets, come to the Saint Michel’s Brocante du Dimanche, a yard sale that occurs every Sunday at the Saint Michel square. Among the large selection of vintage articles, you can find some pretty cool vintage bikes. It varies every week but, if you like to dig, you will certainly find some hidden gems.
If you are used to riding a bike and would like to learn a few tips about bike repair, you should get in touch with Récupr’R in the Saint Michel district. In their collaborative atelier, volunteers provide great tips and tools so people can learn how to repair their own bikes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.