If the idea of finding a nice and useful souvenir for loved ones brings on a headache, there’s no need to worry anymore. From stores selling trinkets and magnets to t-shirts and wine, here is a selection of the 10 best places to buy gifts while visiting Bordeaux.
La Boutique Bordeaux
Don’t be surprised to run into Clément and its jobber filled with original souvenirs while visiting the streets of Bordeaux. In summer 2016, he launched La Boutique-Bordeaux, an itinerant boutique that sells only hand-made and items manufactured in France. For instance, buying products from his brand “Bordeaux C’est Gavé Bien” is a great idea of souvenir to purchase and bring back home. From March until November, you find Clément and his products from Tuesday to Sunday near Saint André Cathedral on Place Pey Berland (Hôtel de Ville stop on line A) from 10:30 am to 7 pm and on the same days from 7.30 pm to 10:30 p.m at Porte Cailhau (Porte de Bourgogne stop on lines A and C).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Those always on the lookout for unique pieces that would add more character to their homes should definitively drop by Bob Corner store. A true lifestyle heaven located in the chic Les Grands Hommes area, wine lovers will love the functional yet beautiful wine accessories and the beautiful decoration items displayed throughout the store. Shoppers can also find all the items available on their online store.
Bob Corner, 7 Rue Fénelon, Bordeaux, France, +33 05 56 23 18 70
We’ve all given this cheap “I love (insert city)” to that one relative we don’t really like but felt obliged to bring something back from our travels. The story will certainly change after entering TRANS-SHIRT Bordeaux and come across all their appealing and customisable designs. In addition to that, the staff is super friendly and very efficient.
TRANS-shirt Aquitaine, 2 Rue de la Merci, Bordeaux, France, +33 05 56 52 71 29
Cave Arts et Vins
Don’t leave Bordeaux without buying some wine. This wine shop, very close to the Porte Cailhau, is the place to go to buy the best regional, French, and international wines. Those wishing to organize a private event, get in touch with the staff who will be very happy to set up a wine tasting.
Cave Arts et Vins, 2 Place du Palais, Bordeaux, France, +33 05 56 06 35 44
Sun Bazar is the perfect store for families travelling together as it has a wide selection of items for everyone. Walk around this boutique located in the prestigious Triangle d’Or neighborhood. The colorful and and well-designed objects are great gifts for others or keepsakes from a trip to Bordeaux.
Sun Bazar, 25 Rue Condillac, Bordeaux, France, +33 05 57 83 63 50
Les filles à l’ouest
Les filles à l’ouest is the type of boutique to spend quite some time in and buy more items than initially planned. Seven local artists share this beautiful space and offer customers hand-made and special jewellery as well as many fashionable designs.
Les filles à l’ouest, 21 Rue du Père Louis Jabrun, Bordeaux, France, +33 06 09 07 01 43
This beautifully decorated concept store is located in Rue du Pas-Saint-Georges and sales items such as natural-cosmetics products and creative and colorful jewelry. This is also a great place to discover some talented designers and find some cool clothes to bring home.
Matsaï Mara, 20 Rue du Pas-Saint-Georges, Bordeaux, France, +33 05 56 81 35 61
Autour de Bordeaux
Autour de Bordeaux is ideal for people who would like to buy souvenirs typical of Bordeaux and its region but also support local artists. The store’s employees’ friendliness and guidance for those who are unsure of their choices also stand out.
Autour de Bordeaux, 10 Rue de Guienne, Bordeaux, France, +33 09 54 72 90 41
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.