Taverns and traditional eateries aren’t all that Nicosia has to offer. Besides the popular souvlakia and other traditional dishes, there’s a big burger scene in the capital. So burger fans gather round as we introduce to you the best spots for juicy burgers in Nicosia, to satisfy all tastes and preferences.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This restaurant has to be top of the list, as their dishes are widely known amongst the locals and offer a wide variety. They offer homemade beef burgers, and their recipes are imaginative and can please all palates, whether you like BBQ sauce, lots of cheese or something a little healthier. If you’re not a fan of beef, fear not, as chicken, salmon and prawn burgers are all on the menu, as well as vegetarian options. For a more Cyprus feel, try the burger with halloumi, caramelised onions and mint sauce, or the burger with feta cheese and tzatziki.
Moondog’s Bar & Grill
This American-style bar blends all-time classics and quirky burger alternatives, including one with a prawn and coconut sauce. Walking into Moondog’s will remind anyone of a bar in the USA, with its American-inspired decoration. There’s plenty of sitting space, but it can get packed, so make a reservation to be assured a spot. It’s famous also for its large selection of beers, and an ice-cold brew makes the perfect addition to your burger. Add a side of chips, potato wedges or curly fries.
In the old Ayios Antonios market, which hosts some shops and deli-bars, is the popular Limoncello. There are lots of tasty menu suggestions, but its burgers are the most popular items on the menu – they are hearty, fresh, served in a brioche bun and paired with homemade fries. The atmosphere is charming, with low lighting and outdoor seating for most of the year.
This is a charming restaurant in the old town of Nicosia that’s established quite a name for its menu. Covering many cuisines, from pasta and fresh salads to fish and its popular weekend brunch, D.O.T’s dishes won’t disappoint. One of the most famous items on its menu is the burger: herby and well-cooked with a side of chips and delicious sauces. The restaurant’s vintage decor and cute atmosphere charms anyone dining. A chicken burger and a veggie burger are also available, and there are vegan and vegetarian options for starters, mains and desserts.
Olives & Burgers Healthy Café
For those who believe that burgers can only be an unhealthy meal, this café proves otherwise. With a mindset of providing healthy alternatives with fresh ingredients, most of their dishes are low in calories and fat, promoting a more balanced diet. Their beef burger is made with lean meat, homemade ketchup and sauces, with 68% less fat and 73% less saturated fats than many other burgers. And that’s not all that’s on the menu: quinoa and beetroot burgers as well as other veggie combinations are available for those wanting a break from meat. Served with a side of salad and oven-baked potatoes, it’s certainly filling. Eat in or take away are both available.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.