If you’re looking for a space of your own in Cyprus, you can’t go wrong with a villa on the beach in Ayia Napa or Paphos. But away from the turquoise sea surrounding the Mediterranean island, why not stay near Pikni Forest with its hiking trails, or explore the Byzantine tombs of Meleti Forest. Here’s our pick of the best villas to rent in Cyprus.
The mushroom-shaped Pernera beach, with its clear, bath-like waters, is a three-minute walk from these spacious pads. Each of these three-bedroom Cyprus villas comes with a private pool (for those who prefer their swimming wave-free), air-conditioning and a fully-equipped kitchenette. They’re also well placed for nightlife; the bone-bouncing basslines of Ayia Napa’s nightclubs are an easy stroll away.
It’s all about the views at this collection of 10 immaculate luxury villas in Cyprus that overlook a blissfully untouched chunk of Paphos’ coastline. Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors in each property – all named after a different shade of sky or sea – show off the wild, watery vistas. The pool is perfect for cooling off on a particularly scorching day.
There’s something lyrical about staying at one of the Louis Villas – not least because there’s a sea-inspired poem painted across the kitchen wall. The blue and white interiors are accented with lamps shaped like giant silver shells and coffee tables carved from wizened tree stumps. Sliding doors open onto a terracotta terrace, complete with sun loungers, pool and ocean views – the perfect place for sunset musings and a cocktail or two.
Bathing on a honey-stone roof terrace overlooking olive tree-freckled shores might seem an oddly specific dream, but it’s one that can become reality at Thalassines. Six light-filled villas, designed by sculptor Andreas Lympouridis, perch on a particularly wild stretch of coastline – although you’re not completely out in the wilderness, with a fully serviced beach bar, open-air cinema and spa, open to all guests.
The white stone walls surrounding Azurro’s collection of 10 villas in Cyprus are the same height as the thundering waves at neighbouring Lara Beach, yet the interiors of each property are anything but intimidating. Each villa is brightly dressed in Mediterranean colours, and they all come with a winning combination of private pool and outdoor hot tub. Plus, Meleti Forest, with its Byzantine tombs, is close by – and well worth a wander.
Away from the packed stone streets of Paphos Harbour, Kissonerga is the village equivalent of a hammock – ready for you to sink into and unwind. Lined with banana groves, each property is decorated for maximum tranquillity. Think light, spacious marble interiors, rectangular private pools and first-floor terraces with views.
Embedded in the foothills of Akamas National Park, these swish villas promise views over both the tufting treetops and candy-coloured boats bobbing in Latchi Harbour. Glass doors lead out on to a terrace, complete with a huge turquoise pool. If you prefer a dip in saltier waters, then the shores of Polis beach are only a 10-minute stroll downhill.
Despite being 140 metres above sea level, the infinity pools outside most of these stone-washed villas have been designed to look like the ocean lapping against the shore. Dramatic views of surrounding Coral Bay come as standard. You can choose between staying in accommodation for four, or bringing five friends to the temple-like Villa Palati. Details such as free-standing roll top baths, oak four poster beds and outdoor hot tubs seal the deal.
Lording over Pikni Forest, this pair of gigantic villas was designed for up to 16 guests apiece. Panorama is the more rustic of the two, with exposed wooden beams, a pretty bridge arching over the lagoon-like pool and dramatic views of the surrounding valley. Oceania has a polished industrial vibe: think ceiling lights lashed to exposed silver pipes, an infinity pool with sunken silver stools and a wooden roof terrace – the ideal spot for a sundowner.
With safari-inspired art, a chandelier in every room and a private pool that is illuminated at night, you’d be forgiven for wanting to spend most of your time in your villa at Amadora. It’s certainly well-stocked with enough crystal glassware for you to do so. However, if you don’t fancy barbecuing every night, it’s under a minute’s walk to the bars and restaurants of Protaras.
Still not found your perfect stay? Check into one of these villas in Paphos for an unforgettable getaway – they’re all bookable on Culture Trip. Or splash out on a stay at one of the best luxury hotels in Cyprus.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.