Blissful beaches, Michelin-starred chefs and opulent spas await at these top resorts in Cyprus.
Cyprus’s postcard-perfect coastlines and host of ancient archaeological sites make a compelling case to choose a hotel that’s simply a place to sleep. However, these all-in-one resorts are evidence that sometimes you don’t need to stray beyond your backyard to enjoy the island’s best bits. From hilltop spas to chiselled coastal properties, here’s our edit of the best.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Staying at Columbia Beach is like falling into an Instagrammer’s dream. Every angle of the hotel is supremely photogenic, from the reflections of the palm trees in the gin-bottle blue pool to the ornately carved stone walls. Restaurants here use herbs and fruit grown in the resort’s aromatic gardens, and the wooden-beamed rooms all look out over the serene local landscape – guaranteeing a picturesque balcony breakfast every morning.
There’s not one but seven signature shows at this action-packed resort. In fact, entertainment is the name of the game, with a themed restaurant and a different lagoon pool for every day of the week. A high-energy group of kids’ entertainers leaves adults free to bake in the sun while being brought cooling cucumber slices and face sprays. And the rooms? Spacious, airy and (thankfully) far from the main entertainment areas – a good night’s sleep practically guaranteed.
It’s the views that grab you first. Biscuity rocks crumble into the cerulean sea, which is so clear that you can practically see the fish wriggling along the seabed. Admire the scenery from the private balcony jutting out from your room, the door to which is locked and unlocked by the touch of your smartphone. Don’t miss out on the entertainment bar with local DJs and musicians serenading you over a glass of wine.
When you can let the kids loose on waterslides and watch them from a Jacuzzi, you know you’ve come to the right place. Adams Beach is a haven for those with youngsters. However, those without should go for the deluxe adults-only wing. Not only will you escape the bus seat-like carpets in the standard rooms, but you’ll also have exclusive access to Atlantis Restaurant, which is worth it for the dessert bar alone.
When you think of paradise, the image is usually an idyllic combination of white sand, leafy palms and glistening turquoise waves. You’ll find all three at Asterias Beach Hotel. Rooms are neutral-toned and polished – and it doesn’t hurt that each private balcony offers panoramic sea views. Keep yourself hydrated at rooftop Panorama Bar, where the sunset vistas go down as well as their piña coladas.
It’s all about colour at this cheerful hotel – from the red-on-red restaurant (stay on theme by ordering a Merlot) to the fiery flash of fish underneath the terrace, aptly-named Koi Bar. Bedrooms are dressed in olive satin sheets and oak furniture. The azure waters of the prettiest beach in Limassol are only a few flip-flop thwacks away.
The first iteration of Ayii Anargyri came in 1649, when brothers Cosmas and Damianos used Miliou’s sulphur waters to heal the sick. 350 years later, and the ruins have been transformed into the rustic resort you see today – a flagstone courtyard surrounded by stone buildings and unspoilt countryside. You can’t stay here without a visit to the spa, which, although slightly dated, offers soothing treatments utilising the same historic healing waters.
Village life has never seemed so sophisticated as at this honey-hued hotel. Sitting on the outskirts of Mandria, it is a golf lover’s haven, with three of the best courses in Cyprus within 10km (6mi) of the resort. For activities of a different flavour, explore the local landscape via four legs (horseback) or two wheels (bicycle) before heading to one of the brilliant village tavernas in Mandria. Try the pork chops at lively Klimataria (be warned, the portions are huge).
From its name to the azure cushions scattered atop snowy linen beds, this resort takes its Mediterranean theme seriously. Carpets and a location just a few metres from a sandy beach shouldn’t work, but the hotel exudes just enough quiet confidence – and daily vacuuming schedules – to pull it off. Longing for life below the waves? The friendly staff can hook you up with scuba diving lessons at one of the best schools in the area.
If you fancy a bit more glitz and glamour, check out our guide to the best luxury hotels in Cyprus, or browse the best boutique hotels on the island. Have a limited budget but want still want top quality? The best all-inclusive hotels on the island won’t disappoint – book any of the best hotels in Cyprus through Culture Trip now.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.