Go for the Croatian beaches, stay for the luxury pampering at these spa and wellness hotels in Split.
Croatia certainly isn’t the first place that comes to mind when you think of a spa holiday. Yet this glorious country, flanked by the Adriatic Sea and the Balkans, has seen a slew of new spa destinations pop up in its coastal city of Split. So why not extend your Croatian beach holiday to add in a bit of R&R too? You’ll come back feeling refreshed, renewed and itching to go back. Here are the best spa hotels in Split – bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A short walk from Split’s city centre, far enough away to feel removed from the tourist hubbub but close enough to explore by foot, Marvie Hotel sits just next to the sea. Its spa reflects its shorefront location with its calming palette, indoor and outdoor pools (the latter on the sun-drenched rooftop) and its in-house Aqua Med programme, which offers acupuncture and hydrotherapy treatments.
With views across to Split’s Old Town as well as a string of Croatia’s prettiest islands, Dioklecijan Hotel & Residence is an ideal spot to escape to. Unlike most hotels, where spas are hidden away in windowless basements, here it encompasses the top floor with an outdoor rooftop pool boasting stunning panoramas of the city. There’s plenty of treatments on offer – our pick is the piña colada massage.
Perched close enough to the beach to watch the waves crash on the shore, the rooms at Amphora Hotel make the most of its seaside setting with floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies. Its Oleum spa, decked out with swimming pools, saunas, Turkish baths and a Himalayan salt room, is the true star here. Book in for a scrub, a couple’s massage or a mud bath for a day of pampering.
Plonked next to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Diocletian’s Palace, Jupiter Luxury Hotel hides sleek interiors behind its old stone facade. While there’s no spa here in the traditional sense, rooms have large spa baths, while a sauna and an outdoor jacuzzi can be found on the rooftop – ideal for unwinding after a long day, and for marvelling at the city lights come nightfall.
Sitting pretty at the end of Riva, Split’s lively beachfront boardwalk, Hotel Luxe is a convenient spot to explore the best of Croatia’s second-biggest city. Each one of its 30 rooms is sea-facing, making the most of the view. When you’re not busy sunbathing and swimming at nearby Bacvice Beach, mosey on down to the snug spa, with its whirlpool, sauna and treatment room.
Don’t be fooled by its pastel pink facade, the rooms at Cornaro Hotel are clad in calming neutral hues (but the outside does make for perfect Instagram fodder). After wandering through the maze of cobbled streets outside the front door, make a beeline to the spa. Indulge in a luxury face and body treatment, or book out the rooftop jacuzzi for a private soak looking out over Split’s stunning skyline.
Just back from the harbour and a short walk to Marjan Forest Park, where you can explore jogging trails and botanical gardens, Hotel Agava is primed for a city-cum-nature break. Set in a restored Renaissance-era villa, rooms retain some period features, including original stone-and-brick walls. There’s no dedicated spa here but in-room tubs are large and you’ll likely spend most of your time lounging in the outdoor pool.
If you’re after a sleek, modern hotel with an excellent spa offering, it has to be the Atrium. The glass-fronted exterior allows for floor-to-ceiling windows in each of its 124 light-filled rooms. Be sure to carve out some time to spend at its basement spa – there’s a Finnish sauna, Turkish steam room, 16m lap pool and a myriad of beauty treatments.
Set in an unassuming building, it’s best not to pay too much attention to Art Hotel’s moniker – creatives won’t find too much art lining the walls here. However, decor is chic – bright white walls allow blue velvet-clad chairs and gold-plated fixtures to shine. The spa boasts a Finnish sauna, steam room and a bubbling hot tub, ideal for an afternoon of relaxation.
Set just outside of the busy city centre, Time Boutique Hotel is a tranquil option for those who want to explore by foot but prefer to stay on the quieter side of town. When you’re not sipping on a cocktail at the in-house bar or sitting on your room’s private balcony, head to the ground floor spa to take a dip in its infinity pool, whirlpool or book in for one of the treatments available.
Still looking for a place to stay? Book one of the best hotels in Split for every traveller, or one of the most characterful boutique hotels in Split now, via Culture Trip. For a unique stay, check out our guide on where to stay in Split for a local experience, bookable on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.