Though it has a smaller scale to work with than a lot of other European capitals, Brussels still manages to scrape together a decent clubbing scene where both the electric-adoring melomaniac and the fun-loving dance enthusiast can have a great time. Converted churches, old cinemas, and swanky parties in the middle of the woods make for magnificent settings in this list of Brussels’ most frequented nightclubs.
Blowing out 23 candles in April 2017, Fuse has moved itself front and center of the capital’s nightlife scene by way of top-notch electronic programming. The venerable Marolles club has become a Brussels institution through an impeccable taste that has warranted the founding of their own label, Fuse Records. The name is likely to ring a bell when discussing the European techno scene with international nightlife animals. Expect a riveting mix of established underground talents, exciting experimentalists, and big name recording artists such as Daft Punk.
Fuse, Rue Blaes 208, Brussels, Belgium, +32 2 511 97 89
Another great bet for a night on the town in the Marolles district, Bazaar has had promising party concepts from the groovy Oldschool series to Dancehall Station flocking to its doorstep. The two-floor event venue might go through several musical genres and multiple parties in any given weekend, but once a month, it’s the hall’s own turn to blow the roof off the place.
Bazaar, Rue des Capucins 63, Brussels, Belgium, +32 2 511 26 00
A delightful hybrid that floats somewhere between a club and a cabaret with a freak show streak, the gaudily decorated Madame Moustache is something special indeed. This downtown venue likes to change things up every day of the week, so taking a good hard look at the programming is key. You wouldn’t want to show up in your polka dot dress for live DJ nights or be caught off guard without your boots just when the rockabilly fests start going.
Madame Moustache, Quai au Bois à Brûler 5–7, Brussels, Belgium, +32 489 73 99 12
“Location, location, location” – this is what the lux Mirano Continental’s owners must have thought when stumbling upon an old 1912 movie theater located just northwest of the city center. Keeping the legendary building’s original structure, grand entrance, and in some way event projections, they transformed the place into Brussels’ poshest R&B nightclub, rotating podium and all.
Mirano Continental, Chaussée de Louvain 38, Brussels, Belgium, +32 2 227 39 42
Before Bloody Louis arrived, the spacious Louise Gallery in the heart of Brussels went through lots of different incarnations, none of which proved too intriguing – or lasting. Tarantino-inspired with a young, casual clientele and pink neon lights, the fresh-faced Bloody Louis has taken a different route in its three-year existence. “We don’t sleep, we dream,” its motto goes, and with some fantastic musical nights led by Martin Solveig, Snakehips, Diplo, Major Lazer and Drake on its resumé, that seems entirely plausible.
Bloody Louis, Avenue Louise 32, Brussels, Belgium, +32 477 08 22 22
Some think it is wonderful, while others consider it the pinnacle of gaudiness – whatever the case, an opinion is to be had about Spirito’s lush conversion of an old church into a crystal-and-gold temple of the night. Sumptuous as can be, you’ll need the right kind of outfit to get in – the more glitter, the better. Once on their mammoth of a dance floor, sweeping dance beats and champagne are king and queen.
Spirito, Rue de Stassart 18, Brussels, Belgium, +32 483 58 06 97
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Les Jeux d’Hiver
“The Winter Games” is the literal name of this popular, preppy club, and it can actually be quite a game to get in here since they usually organize “members only” parties. Born in the ‘80s, it’s Les Jeux d’Hiver’s location in a clearing of the Bois de la Cambre woods that speaks to the imagination of an exclusive clientele. A reservation at its restaurant should guarantee you access and offers a lovely French dinner before the DJ guides you into a night of commercial music and flowing bubbly.
Les Jeux d’Hiver, Chemin du Croquet 1, Brussels, Belgium, +32 2 649 08 64
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.