The live music scene in Baku isn’t as active as other cities around the world with most gigs held in bars, pubs or cafés. Anyone looking to unwind to rock bands, traditional music and pop singers can check out the following venues for live music in Baku.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located near Fountain Square near most of Baku’s hotels, O’Malleys offers a part of Ireland in Azerbaijan. While the bar bursts at its seams on weekday evenings with both locals and expats, there’s hardly a place to sit on come Saturday and Sunday. Live music in the way of local bands playing mostly rock music attracts an even higher number of patrons. Drinkers can get a good glass of fresh beer as they enjoy the bands in the early evening.
Opening hours: From 2:00pm to 2:00am daily.
Hops Pub Baku
The atmosphere inside Hops resembles that of a traditional British Pub. With an interior design resembling what most would associate with a London tavern complete with football jerseys decorating the walls, it’s a favourite spot for British expats. On Fridays and Saturdays, Hops take on a new meaning as the pub transforms into a top live music venue in Baku. Singers and bands perform the best of British music from the Golden Oldies to Coldplay.
Opening hours: From 4:00pm to 2:00am daily.
FairPlay Pub & Café
Fairplay is another pub holding live music in Baku on weekends and tends to be more popular with the Azerbaijanis. Not only is the menu full of cheap beer, wine and liquor, but FairPlay provides tourists with the opportunity for a cultural experience. The British and Irish pubs host bands to suit the interests and styles of their expat clients. FairPlay tends to perform traditional styles of Azeri music to suit the interests of the young Bakuvians. Opening hours: From 12:00pm to 2:00am daily.
Old School – Cafe & Shop
Anyone who wants to experience live music in Baku inside a Soviet-themed café should head to Old School on weekends. The café’s interior exhibits a distinct Soviet style with various antiques, knick-knacks and relics decorating the shelves. Cheap drinks including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options are available while the music tends to be geared towards local tastes.
Opening hours: From 12:00pm to 2:00pm Monday to Saturday; From 12:00pm to 12:00am on Sunday.
For a more active night, check out Oxen. The relatively small nightclub features some of the best live music in Baku. Despite having slightly higher drink prices, many revellers tend to rate their experience well. Tables offer a place to sit with a drink. Food is served until late too. Anyone looking for something slightly more active than the pubs and cafés will find Oxen satisfying. Opening hours: From 11:00am to 5:00am daily.
Located just five minutes from Sahil Metro Station sits Phoenix Bar. The cosy bar hosts live music in Baku on Friday and Saturday evenings playing several types of genres and styles. Head down in the early evening for a few drinks and a bite to eat before the music starts. Most patrons are locals and given the friendly nature of Azerbaijani people, it’s easy to strike up a conversation and make new friends. Opening hours: From 4:00pm to 3:00 Monday to Friday; 2:00pm to 3:00am on Saturday; 1:00pm to 3:00am on Sunday.
New Jazz Club
Baku’s Jazz club attracts some of the best musicians and a crowd of sophisticated Bakuvians. Young performers experiment and improvise their style and melodies as patrons relax with affordable drinks. Both locals and visitors can enjoy the Jazz Club as the venue provides some of the best live music in Baku. Different events and artists often perform here, and it pays to find out what’s happening in advance. Opening hours: From 9:00pm to 12:00am Tuesday to Sunday; Closed on Monday.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.