Looking to kick back with a beer in Baku? The Azerbaijani capital boasts a diverse array of bar experiences. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing afternoon or a fun evening stop, discover the best options for drinks in Baku.
Baku’s bar scene is eclectic and multicultural. Choices range from local breweries and wine bars like NZS Brewery and Saqi Wine Bar, to elegant cocktail venues such as the Jazz Club at the Fairmont Hotel. Alternatively, opt for a brewery experience that transports you to Bavaria in an instant at Paulaner Brauhaus.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located on the third floor of the Fairmont Hotel, in one of the iconic Flame Towers, Jazz Club takes credit for being one of the city’s best live stages, paired with seductive cocktails. A one-stop shop for drinks, food and dancing, the Jazz Club mesmerises its clientele with live jazz and blues on most nights of the week. The experienced mixologist, Sergey Sandul, serves signature cocktails based on the finest spirits. Try Santiago de Cuba, made of aged Caribbean and Guatemalan rum, blended with fresh lime juice and topped with fruity foam, which is the signature drink of the Jazz Club. “This is the cocktail that takes all your worries away,” assures Sergey. Enjoy your cocktails with spectacular views of the city and the bay, which are particularly special at night.
Located about five minutes from the Old City, Bavaria Pub & Grill has both local and imported beers on tap. This midsize pub also offers a variety of delicious European food. “We serve high-quality beer at affordable prices,” notes Hamze Babayev, the pub’s manager. Usually crowded during European football matches, Bavaria is a great place to relax while catching a game and enjoying the company of friends. Afterwards, walk toward Istiqlaliyyet Street and follow the sidewalk downhill to view a row of historic mansions and other buildings dating from Baku’s late 19th-century oil boom.
With its elegant design and neon lights, Hard Rock Café is hard to miss from Fountain Square. Along with high quality American food, the café also offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails. Try the signature Hurricane cocktail to experience a vibrant blend of orange, mango, pineapple juice and grenadine, finished with a float of Bacardi Black rum and amaretto. The venue is a little pricier, but if you like a party atmosphere and vibrant environment, it’s undoubtedly worth it. If it’s not too late afterwards, walk five minutes southward on Mammad Amin Rasul-Zadeh Street to find yourself on the Baku Boulevard for an evening stroll along the Caspian Sea.
A great place to socialise and relax, Barfly Social Hub is located within the walls of the 12th-century Old City, meaning you can enjoy an Old City tour and finish off your Baku explorations with great food and live music. Talented mixologist Nizam Ismayilzade creates original cocktails from scratch using natural ingredients. Try his signature cocktail, Crazylove, to experience a unique mixture of rum, citrus tincture, yuzu, Passoã, lemon and pineapple infusion. The venue is usually packed during weekends, so make sure you call ahead to reserve a spot.
If you are in search of an authentic wine bar with a good selection of local wines, look no further than ROOM Fine Art Wine & Dine. Here you can try wines from one of Azerbaijan’s renowned winemaking companies, Savalan. Led by Italian winemaking experts, Savalan has established its winery at the foot of the Greater Caucasus Mountains, in the Gabala region of Azerbaijan. ROOM Fine Art Wine & Dine seeks to be more than just a wine bar or a restaurant; the primary aim is to create an intimate space for clients to feel at home and relax. Its proximity both to Fountain Square and Baku Boulevard also makes it ideal for evening walks.
With a collection of over 80 different local wines, an elegant but warm and intimate interior decor, affordable prices and superb service, Saqi Wine Bar remains a top choice for oenophiles in Baku. “To make your experience unforgettable,” manager Abbasli Ismayil says, “we invite professional musicians to entertain guests with saxophone and piano jazz music.” The proximity of the bar to both the Old City and Fountain Square make it easy to combine with local sightseeing options.
If you’re looking for a good place to have a great tap beer, hang out with friends and play pool or darts, Albion Pub might just be the answer. Weekdays are quieter, but crowds gather on the weekends for beer, live music and dancing. The owner of the pub, Asim Mammadov says, “The most popular tap beer is Xirdalan, the well-known Azerbaijani beer brand, and it’s always fresh here.” Prices are reasonably affordable both for food and beverages. Two blocks away from the Old City, this is an ideal place to land after a day of sightseeing.
If you’re looking for a non-smoking pub to enjoy your beer, then head to Pushkin Pub located near the Landmark building. Here, you will not only enjoy speciality Erdinger draught beer but also delicious European-inspired food. The pub attracts a diverse mix of local and international customers, and the prices are affordable for both food and drinks. Located a couple of blocks away from the eastern end of the Baku Boulevard, Pushkin Pub is an ideal place to stop either before or after your seaside stroll.
The spacious Paulaner Brauhaus Baku is characterised by its large windows, vaulted ceiling and walls featuring rustic German-style woodwork, and is known for its quality beer, food and service. “Inspired by the Bavarian tradition of beer-making, our vision is to create an authentic environment to experience this rich German tradition in Baku,” said the brewery’s general manager, Zaur Huseynov. Reasonably priced, the brewery offers three main beers to try: Paulaner lager, dunkel or weissbier. Enjoy your beer with friends, and then head out to enjoy the eastern end of the Baku Boulevard, framed by newly emerging high-rises.
Many pubs around Baku have NZS beer on tap. For the freshest beer, however, you need to visit NZS Brewery, located near Babak Avenue. This award-winning beer is not too hoppy and very flavourful. Using 100 percent natural (no preservatives) and high-quality ingredients, NZS beer-makers have been delighting their clients since 1997. With premium beer and traditional Azerbaijani snacks, NZS’s on-site pub offers a one-of-a-kind experience in Baku.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.