Spring is the perfect time to put the freezing confines of winter behind you and start planning that next trip to explore the world. With Culture Trip you can visit picturesque destinations across the continent with small-groups on our hand-crafted trips. Here are the best places to visit in the next few months to help you make the most of sunnier weather across Europe.
2023 has already got off to a great start, and we’re adding more trips to our exciting line-up every week. If you’re quick, you can still get away in the next few months and also take advantage of our early bird discount on some of the following trips. From popular hotspots you’ve been thinking about revisiting, to lesser-known cities that might have passed you by, here’s what our team have picked out.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Free at short notice? Mark your calendars for late-May and set your sights on Turkey with our Mini Trip to International Istanbul. Lucky Brits can also do this five-day trip by only taking two holiday days off thanks to the bank holiday at the end of the month. Take a stroll through time as you marvel at the wonders of the historic Blue Mosque, visit the alluring Hagia Sophia, and take in Topkapi Palace. These landmarks dominate the skyline, but its the bustling streets that really bring the city to life. Want to take an exotic detour? Hop on a ferry across the Bosporus and explore the Asian side of the city, where they say the kebabs are as good as the ones you can find in Shoreditch on a Saturday night. Prepare to have your taste buds tickled with traditional delights like borek, the Spice Market’s aromatic treasures, and heavenly Turkish coffee from our pick of the best baklava shops. Did we mention a five-star hotel stay? Treat yourself to an all-round, unforgettable experience.
Travel dates – Thu, 25 May 2023 – Mon, 29 May 2023
Think a city break can’t encompass a day in the mountains? Well, you’re probably right in most cases, but we’ve got a trip that will have you scaling new heights. Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is a pivotal part of history in the region. Glorious stone landmarks, such as the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, loom around you in the heart of the city. They are said to be the basis of the Harry Potter series, and its easy to see why, but they have a storied past all of their own too. Once you’ve had your fill here, trade it in for the invigorating breeze of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Trek along a portion of West Highland Way, culminating in a pub lunch in Balmaha. We’ll have you back to a sumptuous hotel in Edinburgh’s downtown area to revive those aching legs. Spring is the perfect time to visit Dashing Scotland for a short break with the slight chill in the air often giving way to warm afternoons. Its also a great time to avoid the summer crowds too.
Travel dates – Fri, 9 Jun 2023 – Mon, 12 Jun 2023
As the warmer months arrive there’s no better time to visit the setting of the most-recent series of The White Lotus. Spectacular Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean and has a distinct ambience from the rest of country. Many people consider it a small state all of its own, but you will still feel like you’re in Italy. Immerse yourself in the local culture with our tasty 10-day adventure. That might seem like a long time, but this is no ordinary island. You won’t want to miss a trip to the Aeolian islands to witness smoking volcanoes and hot springs, or our thrilling 4×4 ride across Mount Etna’s volcanic slopes. Enjoy a Sicilian cooking workshop and sample the best street food on a tour to indulge in the local cuisine from gelatos to pasta. Our itinerary includes visits to Taormina and the baroque towns of Noto, Ragusa, and Modica, some of which you might recognise from a certain TV show…
Travel dates – Sat, 10 Jun 2023 – Mon, 19 Jun 2023
Madrid to Marrakech by Train
Let’s end with something entirely different. Some might even say it’s cheating to include on a list about Europe, but we say they are only half right. Have you ever though about a rail trip with a small-group before? This excitement-filled, 12-day journey takes travellers on a stunning route from Mediterranean Europe to enchanting North Africa with a string of vibrant cities along the way. For those who find traveling nerve-wracking, opt for our rail trips and be as comfortable as possible while charting this adventure. The trip begins in Madrid, the Spanish capital bursting with royal exploration. Then off to the charm of Córdoba’s one-of-a-kind mosque-cathedral and Seville’s thrilling flamenco dancers and cuisine add to a perfect experience. After that you’re off crossing the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco, where visitors are immediately struck by the gateway charm of Tangier. Casablanca’s romance and Fes’s spiritual heartland are also worthy of your attention. You’ll end up in Marrakech where you’ll find the thrill of a new continent in full-effect.
Travel dates – Sat, 3 Jun 2023 – Wed, 14 Jun 2023
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.