Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Culture Trip
© Ling Tang / Culture Trip
In 2011, Culture Trip was created to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and culture special, unique and meaningful. Today, embracing the world continues to be at the heart of everything we do and who we are: we inspire and enable people to book travel that’s good, and makes them feel good.
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is unwavering. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, identity, religion, age, social background, ability and experience. We believe this drives creativity, innovation, personal and professional growth. We are committed to taking action as a group and as individuals during this constant journey of becoming more diverse and inclusive.
To integrate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as a business, cultural and social priority at Culture Trip that is seen, felt and heard across every level and location in the organisation.
- We provide opportunities for all employees to learn about unconscious biases, cultural diversity and intersectionality.
- There are regular Culture Trip Cafes – currently taking place online – led by our Networks & Support Groups to bring employees together to raise awareness about diversity and inclusion.
- Every month, millions of people use our website, app, newsletter and social media channels – we strive to create content, trips and experiences to inspire and enable them to explore the world in diverse ways.
- We are dedicated to understanding our global audience better in order to grow its diversity and be more reflective of demographics in our main geographies.
- We have adopted a diversity focused recruitment platform that embeds inclusive hiring processes and promotes workforce diversity.
- We provide Mental Health & Wellbeing Support with an employee assistance programme and initiatives.
- Feel Good Flex launched in 2021, enabling flexible working arrangements so employees can work at their own rhythm and bring their best self to work.
- Do Good – we give all employees the opportunity to volunteer during working hours to better connect with the world and people around them.
- We use a DEI Code of Practice across the business, internally and externally, including content production and business partnerships with brands, DMOs, content creators and freelancers we work with.
- Our DEI Action Group is dedicated to integrating DEI as a priority that is seen, felt and heard across the business.
- We regularly measure via our Employee Engagement Surveys what we need to do better when it comes to DEI.
- Thorough and consistent monitoring of our DEI metrics, which includes a quarterly DEI audit of our internal systems and cultural practices, and an Equal Ops and Social Mobility report.
- Diverse Young Talent We will be starting our Culture Trip Apprenticeship Programme in September 2021 with the aim not only to diversify our workforce but to provide opportunities to young people for social mobility and development.
- Annual Diversity Report We aim to produce our first DEI Internal Annual Report by 2022 to gain a full understanding of our DEI progress as a business and to highlight key areas of improvement and growth.
- Career Lattice Framework Integrate a consistent and empowering framework so everyone within Culture Trip understands how to build their career and has the support in place to reach their potential.
- Partnerships Look to build BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ business alliances with priority in North America.
“At Culture Trip, we embrace the world and people of all backgrounds, abilities, identities, orientations and beliefs. That’s why we are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, to learn from each other and empower our employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
“We are here to inspire and enable people to experience the world and connect with its people and cultures – our belief in diversity, equity and inclusion has always been at the heart of everything we do and who we are.”
– Ana Jakimovska, Chief Product & Technology Officer at Culture Trip
Join us on the journey!