Summer is over, but September promises a last taste of the season if you play your cards right. The weather is just a touch cooler and the beaches a little less busy, making this the time for your best escape of the year.
This resort and port city boasts a picturesque and impressively renovated old town. Take a walk along the promenade or head north to check out the stunning Batumi Botanical Garden, which is home to plants from all over the world. This place is also known as the Las Vegas of the Black Sea – great for those who want to get their gamble on.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lublin offers all of Poland’s charm, without the crowds. Stroll through the historic Old Town, catch a local match at the football stadium or take in the city’s majestic history with a tour of Lublin Castle.
One of the oldest cities in Hungary, Esztergom is nicknamed Hungarian Rome and is home to the beautiful Esztergom Basilica. The Mária Valéria Bridge connects the city with Slovakia so you can actually cross the border on foot.
Many travellers only drive through Split on the way to Hvar or Vis, but the bustling Croatian city is a destination in and of itself. Don’t miss the Palace of Diocletian, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the Marjan Forest Park Nature Reserve.
Beirut is often overlooked by tourists, but it is a vibrant and affordable beach city that ought not to be missed. The people are friendly, the food delicious and the nightlife goes on until morning.
The Baroque city of Trapani is a seaside jewel in Sicily’s crown. Take a dip in the Med followed by a bowl of al dente (just cooked) spaghetti before exploring one of the historical churches.
Once a prominent stop on the Silk Road, Bukhara is less well known than Tashkent but equally teeming with impressive architecture. Check out the Lyab i-Hauz, set around one of the city’s few remaining hauz (ponds).
Located off the coast of East Africa, Zanzibar is a beach bum’s dream come true. Known by some as the Spice Island, you can expect your fresh seafood to be perfectly seasoned and your daily meals to come alive with flavour.
Be among the first to take advantage of what is been dubbed the new Croatia. Swim or boat over to the nearby island of Ksamil for one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe or soak in Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman history at the ruins of Butrint.
Think sun-drenched, white-sand beaches are the preserve of Caribbean islands? Enter Chintheche. Go for a quick dip in Lake Malawi and sip a drink in the relaxing atmosphere, all for a friendly price.
One of the few affordable spots left on the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento is a dolce vita fantasy. Munch on the last of this summer’s tomatoes, swim in the sea and stroll the cobbled roads with a gelato in hand.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.