Guatemala might be best known for its captivating culture, Mayan temples and colonial towns, but thanks to an emerging group of bloggers it’s now carved a name for itself in the fashion world too. Young people all over the country are being inspired by the writing, photography and style of emerging online influencers. Below we’ve picked 7 Guatemalan fashion bloggers you should definitely follow.
Born in 1992 in Guatemala City, Amparo Zepeda showed an interest in design from a very young age, and in 2011 won a fashion design competition in Amiga Magazine. Following this success Amparo studied fashion design in Medellín, Colombia, and launched her blog Fashion From AZ, where she showcases her personal style. By combining her unique sense of style and savvy digital marketing skills, Amparo hopes to enhance Guatemala’s presence in the fashion industry.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Luisa Fernanda Mazariegos
Luisa Fernanda Mazariegos studied fashion design at UNIS and began blogging in 2011 as a hobby. Initially intended to be a place where she could share her style, Luisa’s blog Stylish Everywhere quickly became a popular fashion resource where people came to share opinions, daily looks, articles and fashion tips. Thanks to the popularity of her blog, Luisa joined the Canal Antigua TV show Matutino Express, has collaborated with brands including Mango, Boho, Equus and My Fashion, and has been featured in LOOK Magazine.
Nando Yax has been blogging since 2009, and in 2014 was listed as one of the most influential people in Guatemalan fashion by LOOK Magazine. Based in Guatemala City, Nando’s blog NY IS FOR covers men’s trends and the fashion scene in Central America. The success of NY IS FOR has led to Nando becoming an ambassador for many brands and working on Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Guatemala.
Sorel Muñoz has been working in fashion since she was 14, when she began window dressing for shops. She soon founded her blog Fashion District Guatemala where she writes about fashion, beauty, health, wellness, travel and lifestyle. Sorel is inspired by glamour and elegance, has a weakness for bright and iconic pieces – but always tries to look appropriate for the occasion.
Jacobo Suret is a journalist, designer and fashion blogger, and founder of Il Fashionisto, a blog that helps publicise the trends of Guatemala and promote the best fashion designers and industry talent. A lover of fashion since before he can remember, Jacobo has written for the prestigious Guatemalan magazine ContraPoder and appeared on TV as a fashion presenter for Canal Antigua.
A stylist and mother of two, Luisa Allan studied, worked and lived outside Guatemala for several years, but now wants to put her fashion knowledge to good use in her own country. She is dedicated to image consulting and helping clients find their own sense of style, and her popular Instagram account showcases her style and the best of Guatemalan fashion.
Teffa Sierra is a fashion blogger with a plan. Passionate about graphic design and advertising as well as fashion, Teffa uses her popular Instagram account and eponymous blog to help put Guatemala on the international fashion map. She equates fashion with architecture and carefully considers the structure, design, colour and shapes of each piece.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.