The versatile Canon EOS M3 is a great travel companion for capturing both wild landscapes and sprawling cityscapes.
Weighing in at under 500 grams, it fits easily into your carry-on and backpack. The three-inch adjustable touchscreen interface is perfect for a holiday selfie and with a resolution of 1,040,000 pixels you’ll be able to see the screen in all conditions.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For getting the most from this extremely practical little camera, download the Canon Photo Companion app for pro tips, tutorials and challenges to up your game. Here are just some snapshots we recommend you take on your global travels.
London Eye, London, United Kingdom
For the best views over London, look no further than the world’s most famous ferris wheel. This millennium-era monument is worthy of an incredible shot in its own right, but take a journey up and you have 360-degree vistas over Westminster, central and east London. The resulting photographs are a who’s who of London landmarks.
Lion’s Head, Cape Town, South Africa
While Table Mountain is undoubtedly South Africa’s most famous peak, Lion’s Head – along with Devil’s Peak – also forms an important part of the topography and offers incredible views over the city below. The hike offers two spectacular views, with Cape Town to the West and the stunning coastal suburb of Camps Bay to the East.
Mirante Dona Marta, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
This lookout point provides a mesmerising view over Rio de Janeiro, Sugar Loaf Mountain and the archipelago of islands which surround the entrance to Brazil’s most famous city, and can be reached after a short hike. In order to help you get a perfect shot of this breathtaking landscape, the Canon EOS M3 has a versatile 100-12800 ISO range combined with the 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, perfect for capturing sunsets in razor-sharp detail and colour.
Grand Canyon, Arizona, North America
This natural phenomena has been romanticised in popular culture, but that doesn’t mean the real thing has less of an impact. Watch the sun rise or set over the jagged peaks and winding valleys, and take your photography game to the next level. Even better, organise a helicopter tour over the canyon scenery to achieve an even more awe-inspiring perspective. You can use the Canon EOS M3’s inbuilt WiFi to instantly edit and share your images, even in remote locations.
Taj Mahal, Agra, India
One of the modern seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal draws millions of visitors every year. This white marble mausoleum dedicated to the wife of a former emperor is one of the most photographed sights in India. Its striking design both inside and out can be captured from a thousand different angles, an everlasting homage to one of history’s greatest romantic acts.
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
This world-famous monument was almost demolished in 1909, but today stands as a symbol of the French people. No only is it beautiful to look at – illuminated every evening by 20,000 light bulbs – but it also offers unparalleled views over Paris.
Uluru, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia
This great stone monolith used to be underwater but emerged over millions of years, now standing at nearly 350 metres above sea level (1,148 feet). It’s easy to see why this rock formation is sacred to Australian aborigines, and closely tied to their mythology. At sunrise and sunset, Uluru glows red like a giant beacon in an otherwise bleak and barren desert. The Canon EOS M3’s continuous shooting of 4.2fps and easy to use touch screen means you won’t miss any of the action.
Cherry blossoms, Tokyo, Japan
The sight of millions of cherry blossoms flourishing, draws tens of thousands of visitors to Japan each year. April is the best time to see Japan’s national flower in bloom, transforming even the dullest cityscape into a photographer’s dream. Hanami or (flower viewing) sees people picnic under the blossoms throughout the day, and yozakura (night-time cherry blossom viewing) also offers the perfect moment to take your shots.
Rainbow Mountains, Zhangye Danxia National Park, China
This eye-catching natural phenomena, formed by an ancient river floodplain, must be seen to be believed. Unknown even to the people of China until recently – when a chance meeting between a filmmaker and a farmer ended with the mountains appearing on the big screen – they are now one of the most popular attractions in Northern China.
Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This list wouldn’t be complete without the world’s tallest building. The Burj Khalifa towers over downtown Dubai, literally poking through what few clouds gather over this Middle Eastern urban jungle. You’ll need all the optical zoom you can muster to see the summit, and be sure to visit at night when the myriad colours of the malls, apartment blocks, freeways and skyscrapers come to life. There’s no need to worry about blurry images with the Canon EOS M3, as the 49 points of autofocus quickly lock-on and deliver razor-sharp results.
Positano, Amalfi, Italy
This beautiful town tucked away on the Amalfi coast is every Italophile’s dream. If you’re down on the beach, looking back up the hill, you’ll be able to see a collage of brightly coloured homes – many of which have belonged to the same family for generations – forming the perfect backdrop for a sun-soaked photograph.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.