It is a photographer’s job to capture the beauty and rawness of the world around them. Local and foreign photographers alike tour the islands throughout The Bahamas to capture stunning scenery, special events and unique moments. Here are 11 photographers who have captured some of the most beautiful images of The Bahamas.
The ‘Lonesome Photographer’, Alessandro Sarno, finds his inspiration for photography and life by travelling the islands of The Bahamas. The Italian-born photographer and writer is drawn to the culture, beauty and people of The Bahamas and has created various exhibitions and photo series inspired by the island. His alias is inspired by the novel Lonesome Traveler by Jack Kerouac. Alessandro also has a website dedicated to The Bahamas.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Argentina native Daniel Korzeniewski got into photography as a teenager, thanks to his father, and was immediately hooked on the craft. At a time when digital photography did not yet exist in Buenos Aires, Daniel joined a local photography club to learn the basics. Since then he has mastered his craft and travelled the world, shooting stock photography, doing lifestyle campaigns, travel features and much more. After more than 20 years behind the camera, Daniel is still in love with capturing the essence of places and the soul and beauty of people.
Allan Jones is a 27-year-old local photographer specialising in reportage photography, fashion portraits and fine art. The lover of art and science found a way to enjoy the best of both worlds through photography. After buying his first camera, he initially only wanted to capture his friends and family, but the thrill of being behind the camera sparked a creative passion that has led him to capturing the world around him.
Alex Galiano considers himself to be one of the luckiest people alive, being able to make a living from his favourite hobby. He discovered his life passion for travel photography after buying his first digital camera 10 years ago, and has yet to put down the camera. Somewhere between travelling to more than 140 cities in 40 countries, Alex found time to make a Google+ profile to share his images and the travel stories behind them.
Gaby Rguez, also known as ‘The Bahamas Photographer’, was born in Cuba but moved to The Bahamas a little over five years ago. Enchanted by the beauty of The Bahamas, Gaby wanted to capture everything and decided to buy her first camera. She first ventured into fashion photography, then discovered travel and underwater photography and, since then, has become one of the most popular photographers in The Bahamas. Gaby also does bridal and wedding shoots and has created her own photo filters and effects that are available for purchase online.
Blair Meadows is a 26-year-old Bahamian visual artist who draws inspiration from sonics, colours, and textures. She categorises herself as a multidisciplinary artist, enjoying painting and other forms of art, but noted that photography had always been at the forefront for her. Blair earned her BFA in Photography at The Savannah College of Art & Design in 2013 and has been capturing the beautiful people and scenery of The Bahamas ever since.
Paola Roldan was raised in Florida by a waterman father and an Olympic swimmer mother. As her parents both worked in the water, Paola of course fell in love with the ocean. As she grew older, her passion for photography and videography grew, and she later found a way to combine her passions with underwater, surf, and marine-life photography. Paola is an FAA-certified drone pilot for aerial photo and video shooting, and spends her time travelling and sailing the Caribbean with her family.
Rashad Penn is a Bahamian photographer, born and raised in Nassau. He was introduced to photography by his father at a very tender age and soon became obsessed with cameras and capturing images. His official photography training came from the New York Institute of Photography, where he learned to master his craft. As one of the best photographers in The Bahamas, Rashad has travelled the world and shot for various international magazines. Although he specialises in different types of photography, including food and real estate, he admits that his true passion is fine art seascape photography.
Freelance underwater photographer and videographer André Musgrove has spent more than half his life freediving and spearfishing in the beautiful Bahamian waters. The scuba instructor wanted to share his underwater adventures with others and thus his photography career began. André captures the majority of his underwater content by freediving, which gives him the opportunity to explore the seas and interact with beautiful Bahamian sea creatures.
Gary Francis Jr
For 29-year-old Gary Francis Jr, photography was always a hobby, but the true passion for life behind the camera wasn’t sparked until a few years ago. Since then, he has mastered many kinds of photography, including portraits, fashion photography, weddings and christenings and, more recently, landscapes and sunsets. Gary says that his favourite part of photography is capturing the beauty of things we see every day but take for granted.
Andre Sheppard is a Bahamian photographer, artist and the creative mind behind Vizual Poetry Photography. Sheppard has been pursuing his passion professionally for the last 10 years. Inspired by the everyday beauty of The Bahamas and its people, Andre has spent his career capturing weddings, christenings, portraits and, of course, the spectacular island that he calls home.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.