Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Casa de Lulu
This place offers a great location on the edge of Vedado, and sea views over the Malecon from the balcony. Lourdes, or Lulu as she prefers to be known, is a gracious host full of advice on what to see and do, and she also speaks four languages.
Another Old Havana apartment in a great location, this chic place is well furnished and has two triple rooms for up to six guests. You can get the whole place for four guests for £350. Breakfast, daily cleaning service and one hour of wifi per day are included in the price.
Splurge on this luxury three-bedroom apartment, owned and designed by two architects. The whole place is fantastic, and at £119 per night, it’s not too expensive if you go as a group. It’s well located in Centro Habana as well.
Smack bang in the middle of Old Havana, this boutique rental is in a great location. You can get your own apartment for around £170 per night, or an en-suite bedroom for around £60 per night. It’s a relatively new place but it’s great for those who want to make sure they can book accommodation online before they travel.
Hostal del Angel
An absolute bargain at £28 per room per night, this Old Havana property has been lovingly furnished with amazing antiques. Both rooms have en-suite bathrooms and balconies with views over the plaza below.
Casa 1932 Habana
Each of the three bedrooms in this Art Deco house is available for around £28 per night. It’s in the middle of Centro Habana, a gritty district that is perfectly placed between the Old Town and Vedado. The patio is a great place to enjoy a relaxing sundowner.
Casa de Jorge Coalla Potts
This place receives rave reviews, thanks to the efforts of hosts Jorge and Marisel to make visitors feel at home. It’s a couple of blocks away from the iconic Habana Libre Tryp hotel in Vedado, so you’ll always be able to find your way home. Rooms are available for around £28 a night.
Casa de Marta Vitorte
This 14th-floor apartment has four bedrooms and amazing wraparound windows offering breathtaking views over the city. Host Marta is fluent in English and offers rooms for around £28 per night.
Casa Elaine Colonial Guesthouse
There are five rooms available in this large house, all of which have high ceilings and comfortable furnishings. It’s around £28 per night for a room and there are two lounge areas for relaxing after a long day of walking around the local Vedado neighbourhood.
Casa de Maria Elena
If you want a bit more peace and quiet, head out to this house in Siboney. It’s far away from the tourist hotspots, in an area where diplomats and their families live, so you’ll need to get around in taxis. On the other hand, you’ll get to enjoy a lovely pool, a relaxed atmosphere and some refined local restaurants.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.