The Cayman Islands are a tranquil paradise where you can relax, restore and reconnect. The genuine warmth of local Caymanians will win your heart, and you’ll be inspired by new adventures and unforgettable experiences as you immerse yourself in nature. So if you’re looking for a low-key getaway, here’s how to kick back and wind down in the Cayman Islands.
Get ‘kissed’ by a stingray
Stingray City is a protected marine interaction reserve off the North Sound in Grand Cayman. Shallow sandbars create a home to Atlantic southern stingrays, and you can wade out into sapphire, chest-deep water and interact with the friendly creatures. Simply follow a few safety guidelines to hold and ‘kiss’ a stingray – it’s said to bring seven years of good luck.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Hike the dramatic cliffs of Cayman Brac
Perfect for nature lovers, ‘the Brac’ is a stunning island with white-sand beaches and easy trails traversing its famous bluff. Bight Road trail takes you along the entire bluff while you discover stunning ocean vistas, orchids, rare flowers and birds like the peregrine falcon. Deadman’s Point Bluff Road is a birdwatcher’s paradise with views of marshes and nature reserves teeming with wildlife and vibrant ecosystems.
Indulge and revitalize at the Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa
When the Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa opened in 2016, it was the first major development on Grand Cayman in over a decade – but it was worth the wait. It’s proved to be a sophisticated haven of luxury and wellness where you can rejuvenate your mind and body. The spa’s airy design is full of natural light, while features including a waterfall and an indoor-outdoor garden retreat will calm and relax the senses. Try the private hammam or treat yourself to a massage for a blissful morning or afternoon.
Enjoy world-class scuba diving and snorkeling
The Cayman Islands is famous for pristine reefs teeming with colorful marine life, and it looks even more impressive when you’re underwater. For first-time snorkelers, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman provides complimentary snorkel lessons throughout the day. Or book a thrilling Waverunner Snorkel Safari with Red Sail Sports and visit two stunning reefs just off Seven Mile Beach.
Perfect your sun salutations on the beach (or a paddleboard)
A morning beach-yoga deep-stretch workout is a great way to start your day on the white sands of Seven Mile Beach. Hotels like The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman and the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort offer complimentary yoga classes – or join Vitamin Sea Cayman for the chance to practice yoga on SUP boards. Instructors guide you through restorative yoga flows that invigorate your entire body and renew your sense of wellbeing.
Slow down like a local on Cayman Brac and Little Cayman
Time seems to melt away on these two tiny islands where hours are best counted by empty rum-punch glasses. With only 270 inhabitants, Little Cayman feels like your own private island where visitors can scuba-dive or snorkel, while on ‘the Brac’ you can birdwatch or simply enjoy the magnificent abundance of nature.
Raise a cocktail or two at the Little Cayman Beach Resort
The fabled Beach Nuts Bar is like a blast from the past where you instantly feel at home among friendly Caymanians and tourists. Here, you can watch talented bartenders serve top-shelf cocktails or listen to scuba divers trade tales of their underwater adventures. Nightly games and Friday karaoke also attract a crowd, but before you go, leave your mark by painting your own “I was here” sign and hanging it on the wall.
Visit the Cayman Islands to relax and enjoy all that this unexpected gem has to offer. Find out more.
This branded content article was published as part of a commercial campaign that has now ended.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.