Ho Chi Minh City has some unique sights, and a visit to the city isn’t complete without seeing at least a few of them. Culture Trip’s curated list of Ho Chi Minh City tours and experiences take you to the very heart of Vietnam’s biggest city.
Ho Chi Minh City is full of amazing experiences, and these handpicked tours will show you the very best of what the city has to offer. From Vietnamese cooking classes, to breakfast cruises and even a traditional floating market you’ll get to the heart of what makes Vietnam’s biggest city so special.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The SMALL GROUP Luxury Sunset Mekong Delta full-day guided tour is highly recommended for guests who wish to learn more about the Mekong region like its beautiful natural landscape, the daily life of friendly local people and traditional culture. You will also enjoy a glimpse into the slower pace of life in rural Vietnam.
This VIP full-day tour takes you from Ho Chi Minh city to two popular attractions: Cu Chi Tunnels and the Mekong Delta. Explore the huge underground network of Cu Chi tunnels that were used as a military base for Vietnamese Soldiers during the Vietnam War in the resistance against US Forces. Cruise on a motor boat to discover the Mekong Delta region and paddle along the small canals under fronds of coconut trees lining both sides on a small rowing boat followed a local lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine (vegan food available).
Spend a day exploring Vietnamese cuisine by taste and smell. This cooking class is the best way to discover Vietnamese products from growing, harvesting, selling and cooking to finally eating the cooked dishes.
Can Tho is known as the capital city of Mekong Delta. It is noted for its floating market, rice paper and noodle-making villages, and picturesque canals. Usually you have to spend at least two days and one night to see the unique beauties of Can Tho, but with one day only you will see more than the usual sights on a special day trip with KIM TRAN Travel.
This boat cruise is an excellent way to see the different neighbourhoods of Ho Chi Minh City while taking in the impressive skyline. You’ll be served a light breakfast and provided with round-trip transport to the pier from your hotel. You’ll want to keep your camera on hand as you sail along the Saigon River.
A fun night out trying delicious Vietnamese food on our Taste of Vietnam tour is the only way to spend a night in Ho Chi Minh City. We will travel to different restaurants throughout the night indulging in Vietnamese food as shown on our tasting menu.Our tasting menu is created for all types of travellers and tastes. If you are travelling with someone hesitant to try Vietnamese food then don’t worry we have Vietnamese cuisine suitable for everyone.From making our own fresh rice paper rolls to Vietnamese barbecue packed with tons of flavour, you will walk away happy and full by the end of the night.Sit back and enjoy the ride as our tour gives you the experience of a lifetime that you’ll be bragging about for years to come.We are one of the highest rated tours in Ho Chi Minh City for seven consecutive years.A once-in-a-lifetime, can’t miss, food tour experience for everyone!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.