Hanging around District 10 and in need of some good grub? Check out these fantastic restaurants in the area.
From specialty Vietnamese kitchens to lavish Korean restaurants, Culture Trip presents the best restaurants in District 10, Ho Chi Minh City.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Looking for something healthy? Thien Tam serves a plant-based of perfectly portioned but also extremely affordable dishes. Even their fish sauce is vegetarian, showing just how far they are willing to go the extra mile. Culture Trip recommends the hotpot and fresh spring rolls. Vegans are also well catered for.
XeLam Bistro is a modern establishment offering spacious interior and large tables that are perfect for ordering family-style. It is recommended you fill up your table with lots of small dishes. Order some chicken steamed with fish sauce, fried rice crackers, sweet and sour pork, stir-fried morning glory, coconut curry and some seafood – jumbo shrimp, sea snails – all accompanied by some mandatory white rice. The place gets packed on the weekend, so call ahead and reserve a table in advance to avoid disappointment.
Come to this humble restaurant for your chicken fix. Con Gà Nướng specialises in all sorts of chicken dishes, from boiled, steamed and curry plates to clay pot, roasted and grilled varieties, all dressed in different seasonings and flavours. Try the five-spice roasted chicken and remember to order some rice and greens. The hungriest diners can order a whole chicken for less than $10 (roughly 231,800 Vietnamese Dong). Make sure you don’t go alone – these dishes are meant to be shared over beer and good conversation.
This restaurant can get extremely crowded at night, when dozens of District 10 residents jostle for elbow room to enjoy the delicious, sizzling seafood. The prices are incredibly cheap as well – four people can dine for about $15. You may wish to avoid the crowds and come between meal times, but if you want the real local experience, Culture Trip recommends you go when everyone else does. Don’t be afraid to join a local table – they will be more than welcoming.
Hanuri is perfect for Korean food lovers craving some kimchi fried rice or a nice spicy bowl of bibimbap. The menu includes all your Korean favourites, including gimbap, tokkbokki, and at affordable prices from ($2-7 per item). The downside is that the place can get a little too crowded, but that’s testament to how delicious the food is. Come ahead of meal times and you’ll find yourself a seat.
Eden Restaurant is a very spacious venue, which makes it great for hosting events. The menu is also extensive to match the space, but the prices are a little above average. The good news is the food is delicious and the service is incredibly friendly. You can choose to sit indoors in air-conditioned bliss or head outdoors and surround yourself with greenery in the garden, which comes with a lakeside view.
Patrons at Happy BBQ can order ingredients raw and cook them up themselves over a charcoal grill. Make sure you order vegetables to balance the meat. This interactive dining experience is perfect for large groups.
Chut Chit Seafood is a makeshift street food stall that packs up and leaves when it’s done for the day, so be sure to get here quick. This humble venue specialises in masterful cooked seafood. Culture Trip highly recommends the snail with salted egg yolk and cheese. After you order, sit yourself down on one of the plastic stools and sip an ice cold beer.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.