With so many big-hitting sights, it can be hard to get a fresh look at Ho Chi Minh City. These handpicked tours and experiences take you away from the crowds and show Vietnam’s largest city in a whole different light.
One of the best ways to escape the crowds in Ho Chi Minh City, while still seeing the best of the city, is by boat. From sunset cruises to dragon temples, we’ve picked these unique and exhilarating tours, taking you to places that a taxi simply couldn’t reach.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located about 70 kilometres (105 miles) to the north-west of HCMC, the Cu Chi tunnels were built during the Vietnam War, serving as hiding spots and routes for supplies and ammunition for the Viet Cong. The tunnel system was significant in helping the Viet Cong to hold back American forces and it subsequently became a historic site. This is a unique and incomparable wonder with 250 kilometres (155 miles) of tunnels spreading like cobwebs underground, was used for trenches, docks, fighting places, eating, sleeping, meetings, activities, military, food storage, water wells and Hoang Cam stoves among others.
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind dinner cruise on our uniquely crafted Indochinese river vessel Bonsai Legacy by Bonsai Cruise. This fully staffed & authentic 1 hour 45 minutes dinner cruise allows you to discover the heart of Saigon from a different angle. We deliver a new level of special that is unsurpassed in local cruises. A haven for multi-sensory surprises with an innovative menu and beverage concepts. We empower local artisans, traders, chefs and artists to promote the traditional crafts and arts of South East Asia especially those in Vietnam. A place where ancient Indochina meets French savior-faire all colliding with fast paced Ho Chi Minh City. Elegance, elevation and experience – The Bonsai way.
Take a scenic journey by luxury speedboat to the mangrove forests of the UNESCO-listed Can Gio Biosphere Reserve. This full-day eco-adventure takes you from Ho Chi Minh City past canals of the Mekong Delta, stopping at a lively riverside market. You’ll explore Giant Bat Lagoon by rowboat, visit a crocodile reserve, trek through mangrove jungle, observe gibbons and monkeys, and enjoy bird watching with a knowledgeable guide. A chef serves a traditional Vietnamese lunch. Numbers are limited to 14 people, ensuring an informative experience with a small group.
SMALL GROUP Luxury Sunset Mekong Delta full-day guided tours are highly recommended for guests who wish to learn more about the values of Mekong region like the beautiful natural landscape, the daily life of friendly local people and traditional culture. You will also enjoy a lesser-seen glimpse into rural Vietnam as it trundles along a slow tempo, as it has done for centuries.
Explore the exotic swath of land outside of Ho Chi Minh City with this luxury speedboat excursion up the Saigon River. Get acquainted with various villages to see what rural life is like outside of the city that locals still call Saigon. Hop off the boat and do some wandering by foot, as you discover another side of Vietnam. Visit Phu Chau Floating Temple, where your guide will share details about the local religious beliefs and practices.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.