Much like any major country in the world, Thailand is full of people who are obsessed with celebrities. Though whilst the western favourites of Bieber, Beyonce and Taylor Swift are popular here, they’re also crazy for Korean singers and actors – and of course home grown celebrities. Yet whilst such figures may be household names in Thailand, they’re virtually unknown in the west. So, with that in mind, here are 11 of the hottest Thai Instagram stars who are more than worthy of a follow.
Davika Hoorne (@davikah)
Davika is a 25 year old actress and model who’s also been dubbed the “Queen of Presenters”. With 6.5m followers on Instagram, she’s a national treasure who rose to fame after starring in Pee Mak, the highest grossing Thai film of all time. With her face plastered all over magazines and billboards, she’s almost outgrowing Thailand and it’s only a matter of time before she moves onto bigger things.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Chanatip is one of Thai football’s greatest hopes. Playing for popular Muangthong United but on loan to Consadole Sapporo in the superior Japanese J-League, his attacking style of play and dribbling has seen him earn the nickname “Messi J”. Followers can catch a glimpse of the life of a Thai football star both in Thailand and Japan, and of activities with his celebrity partner May Pitchanart.
PunPun Suttatta (@punpun_sutatta)
A celebrity since her teenage years, PunPun rose to fame in teen drama Hormones, a show based around the lives of school students negotiating the tricky path to adulthood that saw her garner support amongst both older generations and younger students who felt they could relate. Since then, she’s appeared in several other TV shows and movies alongside attending university.
Aum Patchrapa (@aum_patchrapa)
With 8.3m followers, Aum Patchrapa is one of Thailand’s most followed stars. She earned a best actress award for her lead role in So Sanae Ha in 2003, and earned the gong once more in 2006. She was also voted Thailand’s sexiest woman three years in a row. A woman of many talents, she’s also the owner of a restaurant and accessory shop, and was the first Thai celebrity to launch a perfume that was made in France.
Araya Alberta Hargate (@chomismaterialgirl)
Commonly known as Chompoo Araya, she’s a British-Thai actress known for her roles in films Saranae Siblor and Khun Nai Ho. When she’s not dazzling audiences on the big screen she’s wowing crowds around the world, with her style praised by respected fashion magazines. A recent mother, followers are treated to pictures of her adorable twins and the odd beautiful selfie.
Boy Pakorn (@boy_pakorn)
A dashingly handsome man, Boy Pakorn became a star in the eyes of the public after lead roles in the dramas Wayupak Montra and Roy-Marn. Attached to Thai Channel 3, he’s since appeared in a whole host of TV shows and movies, as well as lending his considerable talents to voice acting and featuring in commercials.
Mario Maurer (@mario_mm38)
Approached in the streets and asked to give modelling a try, Thai-German Mario hasn’t looked back since. After modelling came acting, and his meteoric rise saw him play the lead male role in the highest grossing Thai film of all time, Pee Mak. A fan of hip hop and skateboarding, he’s since gone on to be the Thai face of several brands – and what a face it is.
Urassaya Sperbund (@urassayas)
Part Thai and part Norwegian, Yaya Urassaya studied in an international school primarily taught in English, meaning her Thai wasn’t exactly fluent, but she didn’t let this hold her back. She rose to prominence playing Jeed in Thai show Duang Jai Akkanee, at which point she took it upon herself to take extra classes in the language. She’s since starred in several TV shows and graced the covers of illustrious fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar.
Lydia Sarunrat Deane (@lydiasarunrat)
Lydia Sarunrat is an actor and musician, frequently referred to as Thailand’s “queen of R&B”. Her singles have always performed well on Thai radio stations, and her success has seen her turn her hand towards acting, appearing on various shows on Channel 3. Also a model, she’s an ambassador for Reebok and uses her influences to promote an active and healthy lifestyle, as well as body positivity.
Praya Lundberg (@prayalundberg)
More than just a pretty face, Praya Lundberg has a BA degree in law obtained from the UK and is the UN’s Goodwill Ambassador in Thailand, where she commits to spreading awareness and helping displaced people worldwide. A talented actress and model, her Instagram feed combines beautiful modelling shots with her work for the UNHCR.
A popular talkshow host, Woody has dubbed himself the “ambassador of Thailand to the world”, and has interviewed a wide range of celebrities in his career from both Thailand and abroad, including David Beckham. Fluent in English, he’s a popular and well liked figure in Thailand who deserves more attention from an international audience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.