Taiwan is full of stunning seaside towns, incredible religious sites, and beautiful national parks. Among all of that natural beauty and man-made marvels of architecture lie some truly amazing spots that are perfect for Instagram. Here are 10 of the best.
Pick a spot, any spot. This cool neighborhood is one of the hippest places for the younger generation to be seen in Taipei and is full of shops, cafés, signage, and posters just begging for a place in the Instagram hall of fame.Ximending, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Formosa Boulevard MRT Station Kaohsiung
One of the truly stunning pieces of man-made beauty found in Taiwan, the glass-domed roof on this MRT station in Kaohsiung has it all. Color, interesting images, and plenty of light.Formosa Boulevard MRT Station, 115 Zhonshan 1st Rd, XinXing District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The beach, the street, the national park, or the beach front Chateau hotel as seen in the photo below. Kenting is one of those places where you simply can’t fail to find an amazing spot for your Instagram feed.Kenting, Pingtung County, Taiwan
CKS Memorial Hall
CKS Memorial Hall Day or night, the photographic opportunities at this national landmark are quite literally endless. With turtles in the pond, soldiers on guard, and of course, the stunning architecture, this is a spot where Instagrammers can spend a whole day.
National Palace Museum (Taiwan) — Taipei, Taiwan
Home to one of the largest collections of Ancient Chinese Imperial artifacts and art, the National Palace Museum is often photographed from the outside, but it’s the amazing exhibits inside that provide the best Instagram shots.
Jiufen Old Street
Jiufen Old Street This narrow street in the old mining town of Jiufen is a must-visit spot for any tourist looking for a day trip from Taipei. The combination of old traditional lanterns and the many old shops and stores that line the street make for an ideal shot.
Alishan A trip to Alishan is a must, but the avid Instagrammer will need to make sure the alarm clock is working in order to get up in time for that spectacular sunrise.
The very best Instagram shots are all about the color, and there’s nowhere in Taiwan as colorful as the Rainbow Village in Taichung.Rainbow Village, Nantun District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Taroko National Park
A place of stunning natural beauty, Taroko Gorge is a great place for scenery shots. And if the gods will it, then a monkey or two just might strike a pose for that ultimate Instagram shot.
How could we forget Taiwan’s most notable feat of modern engineering, Taipei 101. The former tallest building in the world is ripe with Instagrammable spots, from the large damper to the massive ‘LOVE’ artwork out in front.Taipei 101, 7 Xinyo Road Section 5, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.