Seoul is a paradise for fashion lovers and while most tourists in Seoul shop in Myeongdong, there are plenty of other options to try. Visit Seoul’s hottest districts, purchase one of a kind items at vintage stores and hang out with Korea’s top models. Read on for our fashionista’s guide to Seoul.
One of the first secondhand stores in the country, Beautiful Store offers CDs, shoes, accessories and clothing. Shop at Beautiful Store and some of your money will go to national and international charities. Today, the brand has expanded its concept all over South Korea but Seoul has the largest amount of stores.
35-35 Seongbukdong 1(il)-ga, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Moonshot Flagship Store
This unique flagship store is especially interesting to visit for K-Pop fans as the label was created by YG Entertainment, the agency behind some of the biggest Korean music groups. Moonshot does not only sell extravagant fashion but also carries its own makeup line inspired by the biggest names in the Korean music industry.
Those looking to snap up designer items for a fraction of the cost should head straight to Smith Market. Whether it’s Valentino, Prada or Alexander McQueen, Smith Market offers all items for up to 90% off the original price. You can check their website to see what the store has currently in stock before you visit and if you have a designer piece or two you’d like to get rid off, Smith Market also buys items in good condition.
76-6 Jamwon-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
Literally translated to “tree lined streets”, Garosugil is probably the hippest area in Seoul right now. Surrounded with tall ginkgo trees, the area features interesting bookstores, boutiques, art galleries and trendy cafes and restaurants. Many of Seoul’s concept stores are located right here. If you are looking for unique pieces with a small price tag, Garosugil will be your best bet.
538-1 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
After years of pursuing his dream of an international culinary career around the world, Chef Ryu came back to South Korea and opened his own restaurant in Seoul’s Sinsa district. It only took a short while until Ryunique’s Korean fusion cuisine took off, making it one of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016. Chef Ryu combines European flavors with Korean and Japanese dishes and creates a luxurious set menu. Try his signature dish, seared duck breast with smoked leak and orange miso jus, but don’t forget to make a reservation first.
This trendy lounge bar is the place to be on the weekend. Not only can you sip on some of the finest drinks in the city, but you might even get a glimpse of a celebrity while hanging out. Y1975 offers an extensive number of beverages, both alcoholic and virgin. What stands out is the artistic presentation involving fresh fruit, flowers, ice, and candles.
Dongdaemun Design Plaza
This is the place where the bi-annual Hera Seoul Fashion Week is held in October and March. Big names of the fashion industry come from near and far to be part of this fashion event every season. Today, Seoul is one of the largest hosts of an international fashion week alongside New York, Paris, London and Milan. Check the official Website for dates and tickets.
The Simone Handbag Museum
Opened in 2012, the Simone Handbag Museum is unique Seoul institution. Located in Seoul’s hip Garosugil district, the museum houses over 300 pieces from Europe dating as far back to as the Middle Ages. Kenny Park, the man behind the museum, is the CEO of Simone Acc. Collection Ltd, supplier for none other than Marc Jacobs, Tory Burch and more.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.