If you’re searching for the most wanderlust-inducing hotel stay for your next holiday, look no further. Instagram’s 2017 Year in Review has named Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands the World’s Most Instagrammed Hotel, beating out a list of tough contenders from Dubai, Miami, and seven hotels from the Las Vegas Strip. Let’s take a closer look at what makes these hotels so well-loved on social media.
1. Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Designed by the award-winning architect Moshe Safdie, the three towers of the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort have quickly become one of the definitive icons of Singapore’s skyline since its opening in 2010. The daily light and fountain show at Marina Bay and the TeamLab light artwork located in the Art Science Museum draw lots of eyeballs, but its most spectacular viewpoint is the rooftop Skypark 57 storeys up, in particular the infinity pool overlooking Singapore’s Central Business District – the pool is exclusively for use by hotel guests but that hasn’t stopped many from trying to sneak up for that Insta-worthy shot.
A post shared by Marina Bay Sands (@marinabaysands) on Sep 7, 2017 at 4:48am PDT
Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
2. Bellagio, Las Vegas, United States
The Bellagio tops all Las Vegas hotels on this list thanks to its magnificent Fountains of Bellagio – an eight-acre dancing fountain extravaganza that is a must-see sight for anyone visiting the Las Vegas Strip. You know the Bellagio is something special when you step into the lobby and are greeted by over 2,000 hand-blown glass flowers on the ceiling that make up Dave Chihuly’s seminal Flori di Como work – just a hint to the numerous masterpieces within its Fine Arts Museum. More photo-worthy moments await when you watch O, the water-themed Cirque Du Soleil production permanently staged at the Bellagio.
A post shared by Bellagio Las Vegas (@bellagio) on Jan 1, 2017 at 12:02am PST
Bellagio, 3600 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
3. The Venetian Las Vegas, United States
It’s easy to forget that you are actually in Las Vegas when you explore The Venetian. Built on the site of the old Las Vegas Sands, its reconstruction of famous Venice landmarks like St Mark’s Square and the arched Rialto Bridge complete with gondolas in the river below might fool your followers into thinking you are in Europe instead of along the Vegas Strip. Not to be missed are the impressive Renaissance-style columns in the Grand Colonnade Lobby, and remember to look up and enjoy the massively detailed ceiling frescoes unique to The Venetian.
A post shared by The Venetian Las Vegas (@venetianvegas) on Nov 15, 2017 at 1:01pm PST
The Venetian, 3355 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
4. Atlantis The Palm, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Atlantis The Palm in Dubai is the only other non-American contender on this list and it is worth the journey. This luxury hotel stands on the outermost tip of the famous Palm Jumeirah, an archipelago of man-made islands built in the shape of a palm tree, something you can only see when in the air or with the help of a drone. A massive water park and aquarium is fun for the family and makes for some wild holiday memories. And if you can afford it, splurge on one of the hotel’s signature underwater suites and wake up to marine life swimming just outside your window.
A post shared by Serge Jeghalian (@sergejeghalian) on Jan 15, 2017 at 8:56am PST
Atlantis The Palm, Crescent Road, Dubai, UAE
5. MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States
The signature dark green lighting of the MGM Grand hotel is a nod to its early days when it had a significant theme of ‘Emerald City’ from the Wizard of Oz back in 1993. Little of the Yellow Brick Road remains today, though you have plenty of options for entertainment whether it be illusions with David Copperfield, a fancy dinner and party at Hakkasan, or even solving a crime at CSI: The Experience, which is based on the hit crime series of the same name. Make sure to get a shot with the statue of Leo, the famous MGM Lion at the entrance.
A post shared by MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (@mgmgrand) on Apr 14, 2017 at 3:42pm PDT
MGM Grand, 3799 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
6. The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, United States
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has some excellent swimming pools perfect for those ‘wish you were here’ shots while you casually have a soak. Check out the desert-landscape inspired Chelsea pool on the rooftop, or the Boulevard Pool overlooking the strip. Party-goers should hang out at the Marquee day pool to see and be seen. Posh dining options like Momofuku, Zuma, and Wicked Spoon are also great for social bragging rights and your perfect food flat lays.
A post shared by The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (@cosmopolitan_lv) on Oct 20, 2017 at 4:14pm PDT
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, 3708 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
7. Wynn Las Vegas, United States
Wynn Las Vegas has a distinctive building with a striped facade topped with the iconic signature of its owner Steve Wynn that’s hard to miss on the Strip. The hotel is home to some interesting greenery – the only golf course on the Las Vegas strip and an indoor garden that’s more lights than actual plants. Stay for the colourful surreal stage of its permanent show Le Rêve (The Dream), set in a unique aquatic theatre-in-the-round.
A post shared by Wynn Las Vegas (@wynnlasvegas) on Sep 8, 2017 at 4:40pm PDT
Wynn Las Vegas, 3131 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
8. Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Casesars Palace Las Vegas is one of oldest hotels in Las Vegas and on this list, first opening its doors in 1966. But its opulent Greco-Roman style architecture continues to give it a distinctive flair even today. Statue of famous persons like Julius Caesar, Venus and David greet guests as they enter the compound, and replicas of famous fountains can be found at the Forum Shops. Resident stars like Celine Dion and Elton John pull the crowds into the Colosseum, the main entertainment venue at Caesars Palace.
A post shared by Caesars Palace (@caesarspalace) on Nov 9, 2017 at 10:51am PST
Caesars Palace, 3570 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
9. Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Fontainebleau Miami Beach has a spectacular oceanfront view on the Miami Beach front. This historic hotel has over 60 years of history and was built by Morris Lapidus, one of architects famous for shaping the look and feel of Miami Beach today. He was also responsible for building the now-famous Stairway to Nowhere – a beautiful wide staircase with a picture-perfect gold backdrop and chandelier for you to make that glamorous entrance – the staircase actually just leads to a cloak room. Lapidus’ signature bowtie can also be found all over the original floor tile pattern.
A post shared by Fontainebleau Miami Beach (@fontainebleau) on Dec 3, 2017 at 9:38am PST
Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, USA
10. Paris Las Vegas Hotel, United States
Owned by the Caesars Entertainment Group, Paris Las Vegas stands out with its half-scale replica of the famous Eiffel Tower that has become an icon of the Strip as much as the original tower represents Paris. The original plan was to build a full-sized replica that had to be reduced because of airspace restrictions. Visitors can find more of Paris around the hotel, from the mini Arc de Triomphe to the facades of the Louvre and the Paris Opera House.
A post shared by Paris Vegas (@parisvegas) on Nov 21, 2017 at 7:33pm PST
Paris Las Vegas Resort and Casino, 3655 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.