Whether it’s a sweeping view of the Singapore River you are after or the impressive panorama of skyscrapers crowding the skyline, rooftop restaurants in Singapore are the best places to take in the sights – and heights.
With a land area of over 700 square kilometres and a population of nearly six million, Singapore has no choice but to build upwards. This has resulted in a wondrous skyline – the view of glittering Marina Bay come nightfall is especially magnificent and has adorned many postcards. To best enjoy these views, there’s no doubt you’ll have to go high. Whether it’s stunning views of the Singapore River or Marina Bay Sands that you are after, Culture Trip has selected the 10 best rooftop restaurants for you to enjoy those views – with impeccable food and drinks to match.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This one-star Michelin restaurant may not be the highest location on our list, but it most definitely offers one of the best views. Spanning the fifth and sixth floors of a restored heritage shophouse in the heart of bustling Boat Quay, Braci offers magnificent views of the Singapore River from its bar and restaurant. Its casual-luxe, open-kitchen restaurant and bar serve up contemporary Italian cuisine and classic cocktails – their fork-tender Pork Cheek is a must-try.
CE LA VI
A night at CE LA VI Restaurant guarantees you amazing views and food to match. Perched on the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands Hotel, its strategic location above the SkyPark Observation Deck means your backdrop is none other than the dazzling Singapore skyline. Even dining indoors in the lavishly decorated restaurant will see that you get a glimpse of that spectacular view. Couple this with some delectable contemporary Asian dishes that the restaurant serves up and this would be the perfect romantic night out.
Zafferano sits like a glittering pearl on the 43rd floor of Ocean Financial Centre in Collyer Quay, overlooking an impressive skyline of the Central Business District and Marina Bay Sands. Their classy terrace lounge is the best place to enjoy the view while sipping wine. Try their Italian menu that boasts mouth-watering dishes like Canadian Lobster Linguine and House-made Fettuccine with Shaved Italian White Truffle.
Southbridge brings you a world of flavours on a silver platter of oysters as you soak up the best views of the Lion City’s skyline. The views from their fifth-floor rooftop span the historic Parliament House, across the Singapore River, as well as the iconic Marina Bay Sands and Boat Quay skyline. Enjoy this sumptuous view as you tuck into their rotating selection of fresh oysters and yummy seafood like their Lobster Knuckle Rolls.
Sitting on the 70th floor of Swissotel the Stamford (the tallest hotel in Singapore), JAAN has become a Singapore institution. The high-rise restaurant has been a permanent fixture on critically-acclaimed lists of ‘Best Restaurants in Asia’, proving that its food is just as excellent as its views. Choose from a variety of creative set course menus, including dishes such as British Chef Kirk Westaway’s reinterpretation of Fish and Chips. This ubiquitous takeaway food is elevated to a whole new level as the fish is poached in milk with bay leaves and thyme, bringing together a harmonious blend of flavours that melts in your mouth.
The sleek and stylish The Lighthouse restaurant rests like a beacon on the rooftop of Singapore’s grand Fullerton Hotel. From its floor-to-ceiling windows, a spectacular view of the Marina Bay promenade is laid out before you. Lighthouse occupies the exact location where a beacon once guided mariners into the safety of the Singapore port in the 20th century. Today, it beckons you to its airy and bright interior for an array of delectable Italian dishes, with specialties and quality produce from Campania, Sardinia and Sicily.
At 40 levels above ground, Artemis Grill in Raffles Place is the perfect place to take in Singapore’s urban skyline. Spread across CapitaGreen’s lush Sky Forest rooftop garden, the restaurant offers delectable Mediterranean cuisine made with organic produce. Whether it’s a business lunch or a romantic night out, it has the perfect setting – and food – to leave an impression.
Spago Dining Room
When you combine a celebrity chef like Wolfgang Puck with the world-famous Marina Bay Sands, the star power is too bright to ignore. Perched atop the grand and glam Marina Bay Sands casino resort, Spago by Wolfgang Puck impresses with a dazzling panorama of Marina Bay. The views are complemented by the Spago Dining Room’s three-course Sunset Menu, which includes dishes like Hand-Made Agnolotti with Sweet Corn, Honey Miso Broiled Black Cod and Salted Caramel Soufflé.
SuperTree by Indochine
Another sky-high restaurant in the vicinity of Marina Bay (with sky-high prices), SuperTree by IndoChine is right at the top of one of the futuristic supertrees at Gardens by the Bay. It sits 50 metres above the Supertree Grove roof, with an alfresco bar and air-conditioned 360-degree lounge overlooking the gardens and the Central Business District. Just the thrill of being able to dine on one of these gigantic structures of science fiction is already worth the credit card damage.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.