Singapore has quite a bustling Thai cuisine culture. While Thai cuisine shares some similarities with Singapore’s local food, it also boasts its own unique cultural experiences. The minimalist mix of spices and ingredients culminates in a signature aroma that has delighted many. In Singapore, you get the chance to try some delectable Thai dishes at great restaurants that promise to satisfy your curiosity and stomach.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Bringing fine dining within the Thai culinary space has seen Jim Thompson become increasingly popular in Singapore. The key for Jim Thompson is not just serving delectable delicacies, but to make the environment a part of the whole experience, accentuating the sensory vibes. You are immediately treated to Eastern decor awash in vibrant trappings. Together with the emphasis on traditional preparation of food and time-honoured hospitality, Jim Thompson is a popular spot in Singapore to taste Thai flavours.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Thai cuisine can be daunting for anyone, even the seasoned aficionado, but Nakhon Kitchen has consistently been hitting the right notes in its seasoned dishes that you will be hard-pressed to go wrong with any of its selections. Have fun with dish after dish and experiment with mixing the differing curries and salads onto your plate of rice. It’s possible you won’t be able to stop feasting while at this inexpensive and modest outlet.
One thing to note is that Thai food generally prefers simplicity over complexity, allowing a burst of flavours with the disparate choice of ingredients. Jai Thai is particularly renowned for this. Of note is the manner in which the food is made affordable and accessible to everyone. Doing all of this without compromising quality has made Jai Thai a good stop for those craving a Thai delicacy that won’t cost too much.
With food that immediately entrances you with its fragrant aroma, First Thai is not to be missed when you are in Singapore. The quality of the standards in preparation is tightly maintained while the friendly staff is more than willing to guide you while you make your choices. First Thai has shown it’s capable of adeptly blending ingredients. This perfectly allows anyone stopping by to taste some unforgettable Thai food.
Korat Thai Cafe
As one of the more well-kept secrets housed in the infamous Orchard Towers building, Korat Thai has been dishing out some great Thai dishes on its own terms. The food is definitely not for the fearful as they don’t slack off when laying out the flavours, making every bite a mouth-watering experience worth all your time and money. For one of the more exuberant Thai encounters, Korat Thai has you covered and with change to spare.
Diandin Leluk Thai Restaurant
A 24/7 establishment that has been a favourite of nocturnal locals for the longest time, Dian Leluk Thai Restaurant is housed inside the famous Brutalist-inspired Golden Mile Complex, which coincidentally is also a popular hangout spot for the Thai population in Singapore. The dishes that roll off its kitchens are a sight for sore eyes, immediately soothing your hunger pangs with rich creamy curries and mouth-watering meat dishes that are generally filled with exotic flavours. The large servings and overall environment just make this a cool hangout spot without any pretension, except for the food.
Took Lae Dee
Took Lae Dee is a famed eatery to check out if you want to get a taste of the street hawker-style food right out of Bangkok. You will get the famous classics from Pad Thai to Pad Krapow and all are cheap and good, which coincidentally is what Took Lae Dee translates to in English. The meals are generously served and without any dereliction in quality, to the extent that some ingredients are brought in directly from Thailand.
Sabai Fine Thai on the Bay
The key point to note when finding a Thai restaurant is authenticity. Sabai Fine Thai on the Bay has made this its number one priority by carefully selecting its ingredients and condiments as well as the staff. Chef Samlee, who overseas the curry section, is renowned for having been the chef for Thai royalty and is adept at fine-tuning her concoctions to perfection and to any guest’s absolute delight.
Tamarind Hill is housed in a classic colonial house providing a dining experience that is all about the experience as much as the food. The decor is consistent with pre-independence styles and all the furnishings have been restored to artfully mimic the old-world charm. Within it, you get some of the most delectable Thai culinary delights you can imagine. The same exceptional attention to the finery has also been brought to the food and drinks with tasteful class making your experience literally dream-like.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.