This homespun selection of places to stay in Japan’s food-loving city come kitted out with designer egg chairs, children’s toys and traditional tatami touches.
Neon-lit Osaka blazes brightly with izakaya (pub restaurants) and a kuidaore (eat until you drop) motto, offering hungry visitors one of the most diverse travel experiences in Japan. From the lively bars of Dōtombori and comedy clubs to historic castles, Osaka has something for everyone. That also includes apartments that cater to every kind of visitor, making Osaka a perfect home away from home.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Found in the quiet Tennoji ward, a suburb of Osaka, Guest House Laule’a has fully furnished rooms that provide the complete home-comforts experience. Everything from cool pastel-toned decor to keen kitchen appliances can be found here; everything guests need to feel comfortable and self-sufficient. That comfort extends to a TV and a selection of sleeping options, from twin beds to a pair of doubles.
Located in Osaka Bay, Tomaro is an aparthotel that’s perfect for small groups or families. Cosy rooms offer sleeping facilities that include bunk beds, as well as separate lounge and dining areas, which feature a wall-mounted TV and traditional tatami flooring. The kitchens are equipped with burners, pots, pans and a kettle for home cooking and making tea while you relax after a day exploring Japan’s most electric city.
Featuring private balconies with views of Shinsekai District’s Tsutenkaku tower, and well-equipped kitchens for home cooking, Montana Flat Yebisu provides guests with everything they need for a cosy, private, soothing home-away-from-home experience. For guests looking to work during their trip, an office space is available for use every day.
With a variety of rooms – including doubles, twins and dorms for groups – Nedoco Osaka West folds guests into place like an artful origami master. Each room, regardless of its sleeping arrangements, comes with a well-stocked kitchen that includes a hob, a sink, a fridge and freezer, microwave and kettle. To top it off, cups, plates, bowls, pots and pans are provided.
Proudly branding itself a luxury apartment, Juso AFP lives up to its name. With a balcony attached to the bedroom, as well as a TV and kitchen, this is a truly home experience. A huge selection of rooms are available, from basic one-bedroom apartments to deluxe additions with balconies and garden views. Whatever you decide, you’ll feel happily ensconced amid the airy, modern interiors, graphic wall murals and zesty textiles.
The excellent use of space at Ookini Hotels’ Ota-road Apartment sets it apart. These rooms are spacious and designed with minimalist calm in mind. Guests can choose from traditional ryokan-inspired rooms, as well as more modern apartments. Both provide guests with a kitchen for cooking, as well as lounge areas with sofas for relaxing after a day of exploring the city.
The Shinsaibashi Nagahori Apartment, also from Ookini Hotels, provides guests with a private bedroom as well as a spacious lounge and kitchen area. A breakfast bar provides a homely place for eating, and the surrounding area has plenty of dining options if you’d prefer to eat out. The choice is yours. Despite its convenient location, this is still a quiet and private space for living like a local and relaxing.
Higobashi AFP Luxury Apartment provides guests with a wide-open space filled with comfortable seating and relaxation options, including an egg swing and a huge U-shaped sofa. It’s perfect for families to spread out on. There’s a consistent family focus throughout the apartment, from the roomy dining table to kids’ toys and spacious kitchen. The modern decor, including sleek artworks and vibrant textiles, raise the bar further.
Looking for a unique stay? Check out our guide to where to stay in Osaka for a local experience, bookable on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.