Dreaming of paradise? Here’s everything you need to know about Bali holiday deals and the ultimate Indonesian trip package.
Booking a vacation package can be the best way to experience a destination. Forget hours shopping around, booking activities and public transport, as well as accommodation. There’s no need to feel like your group’s volunteer tour guide as you haphazardly navigate a place you’ve never been and an itinerary you’re unsure about.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
At Culture Trip we’ve carefully curated a catalogue of authentic small-group adventures that take the stress of organisation firmly out of your hands. Unlike most package holidays, our tours are designed to immerse you in a destination, showing you the real communities of a place. We show you the natural beauty spots other tour providers don’t even know about, and our Local Insiders are not only armed with a lifetime of cultural insights, but also top tips on the best food joints, sunset viewing points and morning coffee spots.
Bali is the perfect example of a destination that you unlock so much more from an expertly curated and locally led itinerary. This is a place that sees crazy amounts of western and Australian backpackers come and go. It’s super easy to follow all the other tourists into tacky, inauthentic traps, that will leave you feeling nothing but shortchanged.
More importantly, there is such a rich cultural history here, and the warmth of Indonesian hospitality knows no bounds. To come here and not truly experience the actual Balinese way of life would be a great shame.
Our 12-day Bali itinerary is a perfect blend of cultural immersion, outdoor adventure and ultimate relaxation. We set out to give people the ultimate Bali experience, and we think we’ve achieved just that.
You’ll dive straight into local customs as we learn how to make a traditional Balinese offering, which we’ll place in Batukaru Temple, before hopping on an e-bike to explore the serene rice terraces of Unesco-listed Jatiluwih. Outdoor adventures will continue the next day at Banyumala Twin Waterfalls, where we’ll stop for a picnic – the Indonesian classic of nasi bungkus – and a dip in the refreshing rock pools below.
You’ll start day four with a FlyHigh Yoga class in Ubud – a unique aerial style of yoga that originated in this town – before having some free time to spend chilling by the pool until our afternoon Balinese cooking masterclass, where you’ll get to discover a myriad of new techniques and flavour combinations.
Things start early on day five as we head out to climb Mount Batur at sunrise – trust us, it’s worth it for the view – and on day six we get back to the cultural stuff by exploring Lempuyang Temple and Tirta Gangga water gardens.
Next it’s time to briefly leave Bali behind as we speedboat over to the Gili Islands. Gili Trawangan will be our home for the next three nights, and these remote islands are the perfect place to really wind down and relax – the multiple pools, yoga classes and spa facilities at our resort will help. Don’t worry, though, the adventures will continue as we go snorkelling with sea turtles and discover the eerily unique underwater statues at Gili Meno.
After more free time at the resort and an evening of barbecue and cocktails on Gili Trawangan, we’ll head back to mainland Bali and Canggu. This laid-back surf town is a lively hub of colour and spiritual artistry, which you can explore for yourself. You’ll also have the chance to take a surfing lesson, before heading to a local temple to experience a traditional Balinese offering – the perfect way to mark the end of your immersive Balinese experience.
Flights are not included in the price – although our friendly customer service team can help you find the best deals – but your booking does include 11 nights accommodation – including premium hotels, a traditional cottage, surf resort and a tropical island resort – daily breakfasts, two lunches and four dinners, as well as all mentioned activities and local private transport. Not to mention our Local Insider, who will constantly be on hand to ensure you have the ultimate Icelandic adventure.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.