Coffee is as popular with the modern Indian population as movies and smartphones. Whether you are tired, sleepy, cold, or just need to get a kick of caffeine, that coffee is a daily part of our lives is evident from the number of cafés that have sprung up across the country. We bring you the lowdown on the best cafés in this city of Pune.
Located in Kothrud, Durga Café is an iconic name among cold coffee lovers and is one of the best-known coffee brands in India. With branches in several cities across the country, Durga Café is popular among the student population of the area. Some of their bestsellers (other than coffee) include misal pav, egg bhurji, bread patties, and pav bhaji.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If you are craving some munchy Americano donuts, look no further than Café PeterDonuts. Located in the Aundh area, Café PeterDonuts serves a wide range of coffees, from espresso to cold coffee to cappuccino, smoothies, iced teas, and sodas, various kinds of Belgian waffles and donuts, egg dishes, sandwiches, salads, pizzas, and burgers.
Once a popular café in Koregaon Park, German Bakery was destroyed in a terrorist attack in 2010. But in 2013, the iconic coffee shop came back all renovated and is still a favorite. Koregaon Park has plenty of restaurants and cafés, and German Bakery remains a top pick for its laidback ambiance and the brunch and breakfast menu.
For a café in Pune that goes beyond the coffee, nothing beats Vohuman Café. One of the best places to have breakfast in the city, this Irani café has delicious treats besides the coffee. From the bun maska to the egg bhurji, there’s so much to savor here that you will need more than one trip to the place.
Fat Cat’s Cafe
For some delicious baked goodies, head to the Fat Cat’s Cafe in Wanowrie. This is the place where you get the Fat Cat’s Nutella Brownie. Even though a little on the expensive side, the café serves items truly worth the price. Some of their bestselling dishes include grilled sandwiches in a variety of flavors (from cheese jalapeño to bacon and cheese), Fat Cat’s Loaded Pork Burger (with pork patty, bacon, fried egg, and spicy mayo), caramelized onion and cheese quiches, red velvet cakes, chocolate brownies, and baked cheesecake.
The uptown Koregaon Park has no dearth of places to eat at, and Cafe Abaca is another addition to the list. Housed in a stylish contemporary furniture showroom, the café is small and cozy, with vibrant décor. Since the place is small, the service is personal, and the cakes and muffins are always fresh from the oven. For some delicious cupcakes, cookies, and muffins to go along with coffee, Cafe Abaca is a must visit.
Pagdandi Books Chai Cafe
Books and coffee are an unbeatable combination, and that’s exactly what you get at Pagdandi Books Chai Cafe in Baner. If you are in no hurry, this is an ideal place to spend an evening with a cup of coffee and your favorite book. Besides tea, coffee, and cold drinks, the café also serves lip-smacking food like bun maska, burgers, butter toast, sandwiches, kheema pav, brownies, and yogurt.
Located in Kothrud, this is a small café that serves delicious custards and sandwiches, besides great coffee. The food and the ambiance are equally great, and the place draws the young crowd despite being a smaller café. The service is prompt and music played is peppy and young.
Pune is famous for its food. To experience it, don’t forget to check out these popular cafés in the city on your next visit.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.