Mumbai’s hectic and chaotic lifestyle demands that you put extra effort into health and fitness. Luckily the city comes with abundant options for anyone looking to workout, regardless of difficulty level or preferences. Whether you are looking for a luxury fitness studio, a beginner’s yoga studio, a weekend hike trail or the best route for your daily morning jog, this guide to the city’s best fitness options is your handy companion.
From luxury gyms offering altitude training, on-site DJs and juice bars, to century-old yoga studios, Mumbai boasts of many fitness clubs, studios and creative spaces. Here’s a roundup of some of the best.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The oldest existing urban center of yoga instruction, The Yoga Institute was founded in 1918 by Shri Yogendraji, who is credited with having popularized the practice in parts of the western world. The studio hosts regular classes and workshops in addition to offering training to teachers. Over 40,000 yoga instructors from around the world have received their certification from here so far.
Offering a range of Hatha and Iyengar yoga classes and workshops, this studio is located right by the sea and claims to be an urban sanctuary for your inner-most being. They also offer classes for meditation, preventative and rejuvenation therapies, and therapeutic massages.
Gyms and Fitness Studios
Boasting of 20,000 square feet of space, top-notch equipment, highly qualified trainers, a live DJ and an organic juice bar among other facilities, this is South Mumbai’s most extravagant space to work out. The gym also has its own physiotherapist catering to patrons.
Nitrro Bespoke Fitness, Skybay Hubtown, Breach Candy, Mumbai, India, +91 22 2354 9494
This versatile boutique fitness studio in Juhu regularly hosts intense workout classes with a range of yoga, pilates, HIIT and other classes as well as bootcamps. With 1,000 square feet of indoor space and 1,200 square feet of open garden space, this is one of the city’s hippest places to get moving.
The Space, AB Nair Road, Juhu, Mumbai, India, +91 98 9203 5182
Tangerine Arts Studio
This Bandra-based dance studio regularly hosts zumba, hip-hop, contemporary, Bollywood and belly dancing in addition to Ashtanga yoga and Muay Thai classes. If you’re looking for a fun, energetic environment to work out in, look no further.
Tangerine Arts Studio, Pali Danda Road, Danda, Khar West, Mumbai, India, +91 98 6736 9960
View this post on Instagram
Zumba anyone 💃🏻? Today 8.15pm to 9.15pm with Ankit of @sculptasse. Join in all the fun and dancing by calling us to block your spots now on 9867369960 📞.#Zumba #dance #fitness #zumbafitness #workout #exercise #monday #health #healthyliving #instafit #fitfam #fun #tangerineartsstudio #bandra #studio #zumbalove
With clientele including professional mountaineers, marathon runners, and cricketers, Activ8 is one of the city’s finest pilates, altitude training and rehabilitation studios. It specifically focuses on helping clients discover their inner strength, increase stamina, improve health, and achieve physical well-being.
Activ 8 Studio, 801, Casablanca, 10th Cross Road, Juhu, Mumbai, India, +91 96 1988 8347
Founded by an experienced nutritionist, personal trainer, yoga and pilates instructor, Balanced Body is one of the best spaces in the city to get fit and healthy. Along with pilates classes, members also have access to diet and nutrition counseling.
Balanced Body, 313, Tanaya, Nanda Patkar Road, Mumbai, India, +91 22 2613 8588
With plenty of parks, beaches and the Sahyadri mountain ranges just an hour away, Mumbai also has plenty of choices for those who prefer their workouts to be amid nature.
This well maintained seaside jogging track in Bandra is open to the public every day from 5.30AM to 9AM and from 3.30PM to 9PM. Located right off Carter Road, the park features a 400 meter long jogging track, a mud strip for running and two paved tracks for walking.
Joggers’ Park, Ramakrishna Paramahansa Road, Mumabi, India
While the beach stays crowded for most of the day, it is undoubtedly one of the city’s finest and most popular locations for an early morning or late night jog or run. The beach sands will save your joints from damage, and the Arabian Sea will serve you with a steady breeze.
Iconic Marine Drive is South Mumbai’s best open-air location for a run. The stretch is best for an early morning run by the Arabian Sea, as it may get a little crowded during evenings.
Nariman Point to Bandra Bandstand
If you’re looking for a biking path that doesn’t involve circling around your neighborhood, cycling along the city’s western coast is always a fantastic option. Many cycling groups offer group ride experiences starting from Nariman Point in South Mumbai and stretching all the way to Bandra Bandstand.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.