Delhi is a city where the past and present live side by side. With historical landmarks that take you back in time and the chaos that brings you right to the present, Delhi has a magical feel to it. But it’s not only the cultured lawns and pristine streets that make you fall in love with Delhi; it is also the raw beauty that dominates the city. Somewhere in the utter chaos of the capital and its streets lies untouched moments that will steal your heart.
Sunset and sunrise views in Delhi at any historic monument is a moment to capture. A vestige of a once-ruling empire, the Red Fort is a magnificent sight on its own, but mix a dusk or dawn into its scenic beauty and the picture will make you fall in love with the rich past of the capital and the present it portrays.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Lotus (Bahai) Temple
The serenity of the Lotus Temple could make you feel like you’re in a very different city to the chaotic Delhi most people think of. The picturesque view could make you fall in love with Delhi all over again. The image of the blossoming lotus flower of the temple reminds us of the beauty of nature, and perhaps it also represents peace in the midst of the urban anarchy of the capital.
Spread over 90 acres, this green spread is a beautiful detour to explore in Delhi. The Lodhi gardens have various tombs spread over the property with stunning corners of lush green flora to explore. A piece of history, these gardens today are a common stop for courting couples and the elite in Delhi. The well-maintained parks offer stunning views and many photo opportunities.
Isa Khan’s Tomb
One of the many preserved historic sites of Delhi, Isa Khan’s Tomb is one of the most important architectural and historical properties. A perfect place to get a glimpse of the beautiful surroundings that were once a small part of a sumptuous kingdom, marvel at the skill and artistry that constructed these elegant tombs.
The opulent red sandstone of Humayun’s tomb is just one memorable monument that represents the rich history of the capital. Tailored gardens, distinct surroundings and an age-old landscape, make this place a unique spot for capturing the beauty of Delhi.
If beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, they can capture it in abundance in the chaotic bazaars and markets of Delhi. These disorganized surroundings and shopping stalls that cover part of the roads, display a wide selection of art. Where else would you see such a collection of artefacts, unless behind a glass screen in a museum?
A regular sight and commotion of the city’s feathered friends at Jama Masjid in Delhi, the sight of pigeons flying in front of the elegant building is a picture-perfect view. Although it is a famous sight, and you can find numerous photos from photographers who have captured it before you, nothing compares to witnessing it in the flesh.
A well-known stop in Delhi for tourists, India Gate, the memorial to the Indian soldiers who fought in the First World War, gives people an amazing opportunity to capture the beauty of the city. A sunset or a night view at India Gate presents fascinating photos that would make you fall in love with the capital.
The ruins around the UNESCO World Heritage site of the 13th century stone tower Chor Minar are fascinating and impart a strong sentiment of belonging to the capital. This particular shot captures a part of the tall standing Qutub Minar, representing a glorious past.
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Looking at the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Sikh temple from any angle, and you’ll find a serene, elegant scene. Gaze upon the temple and remember why it was built; to commemorate the art of selfless giving and the purity of devotion. Focus on the temple and you will see how, even in a bustling city, there can still be moments of stillness and the calm.
The Hauz Khas Complex includes a water tank and Deer Park lake, both stunning creations with arresting views. The village of Hauz Khas that surrounds the water tank has lots of hidden corners that are fascinating to explore and beautiful to capture with a lens.
The unkept treasure troves of Delhi – discover the various tombs and historical gems that have conveniently merged into the paths cut out in the capital. They are not taken care of by the authorities, but are stunning as still-standing monuments of times past. This is a shot of one such hidden gem of the capital.
Safdurjung tomb, a sandstone and marble mausoleum in New Delhi, is a captivating stop in your tour of the capital. This black and white photo of the tomb is anything but dull. It enhances the beauty of an old era and highlights the details of the ornaments left behind to be looked after.
Hauz Khas Village
Another morning photo of Hauz Khas Village, a collection historic gems with an arresting view. This photo shows the raw beauty of an unpolished monument forgotten by time, but not nature. The colours and morning light displays the tranquillity of this small place in the capital.
Moving beyond history to life that is present in every corner of the capital, this photo shows one of the many festivals that grace the streets of Delhi. What could make you fall in love with a capital more than the people that make it what it is? This particular shot combines the festivities with a glimpse into the elaborate performance of the legends and culture. A photo of a story named Delhi!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.