Looking for some inspiration before you revamp your wardrobe? Here are 10 noteworthy fashion bloggers from Kolkata whose innovative content and great sense of style will help you give yourself a fashion makeover. Whether you are looking for a traditional Indian touch or a hint of quirk and fun, these bloggers have got you all covered!
Chikky Goenka, Style O Graph
In addition to managing the very stylish Style O Graph, Chikky Goenka also juggles hosting styling workshops and fashion popups in Kolkata and conceptualizing editorial shoots for leading editorials. The blogger/entrepreneur is also the mind behind Made in Bengal—an initiative by Style O Graph to promote Bengali fashion outside the state.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ankita Mantri Lahoty and Srishti Nadhani, Store Untold
Launched by fashion stylists Ankita Mantri Lahoty and Srishti Nadhani, Store Untold is a curation of inspiring fashion related content suitable for every body type. Comprising a range of quirky style lookbooks in addition to tips and other content, Store Untold is likely to inspire anyone who likes to mix and match or experiment with their wardrobes.
Shreya Jhunjhunwala, A Mug Full of Style
Launched by a fashion designer from Kolkata who is now shuttling between the city and Winnipeg, Canada, A Mug Full of Style offers style tips and commentary on fashion trends. Her content includes everything from traditional Bengali wedding outfit ideas to tips on what to do with bridesmaid dresses once you’re done with them.
Astha Modi, BlabberCat
This lifestyle and fashion blog founded by Astha Modi in Kolkata is your quality guide to living a stylish life in the city. From outfit inspiration and fashion news to shopping tips catering to Kolkata, BlabberCat is a rich, well rounded blog you need to be checking out right now!
Dolon, Pout Pretty
This fashion, lifestyle and travel blogger from Kolkata will inspire anyone who enjoys contemporary twists to traditional style. With bright colours, a good focus on accessorizing and a love for rich patterns, her style will give you plenty of ideas on how to take your fashion style up a notch. Her makeup reviews are very popular and thorough—an added bonus if you enjoy makeup.
Aditya Jain, Looksuave
There’s a troubling void when it comes to men’s fashion in Kolkata, which is exactly what Aditya Jain’s Looksuave aims to combat. Catering specifically to men in the city, with rich content on style, lifestyle and more, this fashion blog is a rewarding one to follow. If you need another reason to check out his blog, Jain frequently reviews bars, restaurants and other venues that have newly opened in Kolkata.
Rudrita Chatterjee, Ruditra
This fashion blogger based in Kolkata, the City of Joy, offers plenty of style tips in addition to inspiring travel, food and lifestyle content. Blending touches of traditional Bengali style with fashion trends from around the world, Rudrita has gathered a steadily growing following across the country. Her makeup tutorials and DIY beauty tips are also very popular.
Nikita Agarwal, Pentwister
What started as an outlet for Nikita Agarwal to pen her musings on fashion, food and life in 2011, Pentwister has now grown to become one of the finest fashion and lifestyle blogs based out of Kolkata. The blog carries inspiring content on those wishing to work traditional style elements into their daily outfits, as well as through reviews on food outlets, travels and more.
This lush fashion and lifestyle blog focuses on unconventional fashion, breaking stereotypes in fashion, body acceptance, thrift shopping, and more. With guest writers from around the world, Dia Lifestyle based out of Kolkata has something rewarding to offer everyone. Run by Pooja, an engineer by profession
If a strong emphasis on traditional wear is what you are looking for, then look no further than Shikha Agarwal’s blog. With good coverage on the latest trends in traditional attire and accessories, style tips customized for festive seasons and more, this is a budding yet rewarding blog to check out.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.