Amid the countless skyscrapers that make Hong Kong the most vertical city on earth, you’ll discover a rather excellent selection of holiday apartments. Here are the best, and you can book your place to stay now on Culture Trip.
In Hong Kong, a city stacked high with shoebox-sized flats, the best apartment hotels not only offer more room to breathe, but also five-star facilities to satisfy even the fussiest traveller. Think moody restaurants dishing up Michelin-starred meals, suites decked with artisanal creations by local artists and oasis pools bubbling with their own waterfall. So whether you want to be in the hipster Sheung Wan District or teeming Tsim Sha Tsui, there’s an apartment for you in Hong Kong.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Sandwiched between North Point and Fortress Hill MTR, Shama Island North has 92 one- and two-bedroom apartments, some of which come with a balcony or terrace. The 24-hour fitness centre, and rooftop garden with a barbecue area are major draws, as is the proximity to shopping hotspot Causeway Bay and the Eastern District business hub.
Sitting on the doorstep of the Wan Chai Ferry Pier and the Victoria Harbour waterfront, this casual apartment hotel is a good option for budget-conscious travellers who don’t want to compromise on location. The 295 pared-back studio suites have kitchenettes, gym and library facilities, plus access to the rooftop patio peering over the Harbour Road Garden and the skyline across the harbour.
There are three Eaton Residences dotted across Hong Kong: Blue Pool Road, Village Road next to the Happy Valley Racecourse and this one on Wan Chai Gap Road – the steep street that links the concrete jungle with the luscious Aberdeen Country Park. Book one of these serviced apartments for either a nightly or monthly stay. Each comes with a spacious kitchen, 24-hour gym access and a serene outdoor terrace.
Perched on the slopes of Victoria Peak, Two MacDonnell Road is one of the most upscale apartment hotels on Hong Kong Island. With 213 light-filled rooms and suites gazing at the skyline through sunny bay windows, this Central Mid-Levels property promises a home away from home thanks to the on-site Cafe Bar on 8 eatery, comfortable communal spaces and attentive guest services.
EAST Hong Kong apartment hotel doubles as a gallery, housing colourful dinosaurs by Chinese sculptor Sui Jianguo, the Bamboo City birdcage installation by local creative Kum Chi Keung and butterfly sculptures by Australian artist Jayne Dyer in the Feast restaurant — one of four in-house dining options. The collection of studios, one- and two-bedroom suites and penthouses were sustainably designed with natural materials, while the property also has a 24-hour gym, lounge and reading area, and a landscaped terrace above the bustling Taikoo Place.
Situated on the northeast corner of Victoria Park, between the Tin Hau and Fortress Hill MTR stations, Somerset has 68 apartments with kitchenettes. A stay also brings access to an off-site fitness centre and there’s a first-floor lounge where you can enjoy a tipple while reclining on a velvet chair, gazing at the city below.
Just a block east of Wan Chai MTR station, the 59 serviced suites at 218 Apartment are in the thick of the neon lights and pulsing karaoke bars of Wan Chai. Built in 2009, these unfussy, modern apartments appeal in particular to business travellers for their phone and wifi access, laundry and housekeeping facilities and discounted long-term rates.
This shimmering skyscraper on the Central Ferry Pier embodies the five-star luxury the Four Seasons brand represents. Almost 400 glamorous rooms and apartment-like suites – some as large as three bedrooms – gaze over Victoria Harbour or Victoria Peak. Swim in a wide range of pools, including an infinity pool pumping underwater music. And sink your teeth into a fantastic array of restaurants, most notably Lung King Heen, the first Chinese restaurant on the planet to earn three Michelin stars.
Steps from Sheung Wan MTR station not far from the Central Ferry Pier, this boutique hotel has just 15 serviced apartments – each with a bespoke design you won’t find in cookie-cutter aparthotels. The rooms at La Manndi are kitted with mod cons such as mobile devices, coffee machines, thermo ventilators and top-of-the-line Serta mattresses – plus a super central location to explore the markets of Sheung Wan.
Commuters cruising in and out of the ferry terminal to Macau cannot miss these two futuristic towers looming above them. The North Tower – which resembles a USB stick piercing the Sheung Wan skyline – has 54 harbour-view rooms, while the South Tower has another 81 studios and one- or two-bedroom suites that are equally as sleek as their polished black exterior.
Wedged between East Tsim Sha Tsui and the Avenue of Stars on the northern foreshore of Victoria Harbour, K11 Artus sits on the Kowloon Peninsula. But the TST location isn’t the only reason to book one of these design-led apartments. The building was designed by New York architect Kohn Pedersen Fox, and the uber-contemporary interiors belong to the likes of Andre Fu, Fiona Barratt-Campbell, Nemaworkshop and Joyce Wang; while the apartments are decorated with artisanal creations, preserving a Chinese tradition dating back to the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
Shrouded in the greenery of the Tai Tam Country Park, this mammoth private housing complex is made of 18 towers designed for longer stays. More than 200 serviced apartments – each with individually unique decor – are available for stays as short as one month. That’s enough time to examine the historic private art collection at Parkview, the on-site restaurant and tea house, and the huge fitness centre with a three-level gym, outdoor tennis and badminton courts and an enormous oasis pool with a waterfall.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.