Located a quick six-minute ferry or subway ride from Central in Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui is known as one of the city’s major tourist hotspots. If you don’t want to break the budget when it comes to your accommodation, check out these best cheap hotels in the neighbourhood.
One of two affordable Best Western hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui, Best Western Grand Hotel is a 29-storey skyscraper with 396 guest rooms. Located a one-minute walk from the shops and sights of Nathan Road, in five minutes you can also be at the MTR station or Star Ferry pier. Best Western Grand Hotel’s facilities include an on-site café, The Little Paris French Restaurant, a fitness room and an airport shuttle service. Nearby, the Best Western Plus Hotel Kowloon is a similar property with similar budget prices.
Xi Hotel is a boutique hotel located in a perfect position to explore all the attractions East Tsim Sha Tsui has to offer. It’s walking distance to the Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong’s many museums and the daily Symphony of Lights show. Inside Xi Hotel, expect to find stylish accommodation, a small library and a concierge service. Courtney’s Wine Bar is also the on-site lounge and terrace serving breakfast and cocktails – what a combination.
A newer hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui, Harbour Bay Hotel’s 76 guest rooms feature modern decor and colourful touches. Each room has either a city or harbour view, as well as rain showers and complimentary WiFi. Speak to staff about reserving tickets to theme parks and attractions, and enjoy the use of the free ‘Handy Phones’, with include data and unlimited calls to several countries.
A four-star property, The Kimberley Hotel’s room rates are a bargain by Hong Kong standards. Its 546 guest rooms include fully-stocked mini bars and suites with sofa beds. Amenities at The Kimberley Hotel include the Club Cavalier Health Spa, a state-of-the-art gym, a business centre and three restaurants. Guests can choose to dine in the Cascade Lounge, enjoy a lunch or dinner buffet at the Coffee House, or visit the Kimberley Chinese Restaurant.
Just Inn is one of the cheapest hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui, but it doesn’t scrimp on its facilities. It has common rooms on each floor as well as free Nespresso coffee, filtered water and air purifiers scattered throughout. Just Inn is also home to a large contemporary art collection, including works by the host and several of Hong Kong’s best artists. Located a two-minute walk from the local MTR station, you’re just a hop away from all the action at Just Inn.
GDH Hotel offers comfortable accommodation with five room types available. There are the standard hotel rooms, as well as family rooms and suites with separate living areas. The hotel also established an online shopping platform called Best Buyer in 2016 to bring Hong Kong’s best shopping malls directly to its guests. It has two on-site restaurants as well: Come-Into Chiu Chow Restaurant and Senkami Japanese Restaurant.
Homy Inn is a small chain of cheap boutique hotels with additional inns located in Hong Kong’s North Point and Sheung Wan neighbourhoods. Homy Inn Tsim Sha Tsui has family rooms, dormitories and standard single, double and twin rooms. It’s walking distance from all the best attractions the neighbourhood has to offer, such as the Hong Kong Museum of Art and the Avenue of Stars.
Popway Hotel is another budget boutique accommodation option in Tsim Sha Tsui. The 63 guest rooms include studios with spacious wardrobes, balcony rooms overlooking the garden and the Popway Suite with its separate living area. Popway Hotel is also home to an iMac corner in the lobby, a fitness centre, the private Sky Deck and the Uptop Bistro and Bar. The two latter facilities include panoramic views of the city’s skyline, which always looks its best in the evening.
Still not found your ideal budget hotel? Why not broaden your search? Check out the best cheap hotels in all of Hong Kong, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.