At their cruise show in at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Gucci ensured that their front row was full of fashion’s most notable influencers and industry names. Reflecting the affluent market and the exciting fashion scene, many of these were bloggers from China who have played an instrumental role in helping the brand secure an ardent audience in the country. However, notably, there was only one Chinese celebrity invited, actress and Gucci’s Asian ambassador Ni Ni. Here’s everything you need to know about the brand’s leading star.
She is Asian ambassador for the Gucci Eyewear line
Shot by Glen Luchford, 29-year-old Ni Ni fronted the brand’s eyewear campaigns earlier in the year, and is a regular at Gucci events. ‘I have been captivated by Alessandro Michele’s collections; his passion for beauty of the past, and how he imparts his own poetic language into designs. To be part of this new chapter at Gucci is truly inspiring,’ Ni Ni is reported to have said earlier in the year.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on Mar 18, 2016 at 6:25am PDT
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
She starred opposite Christian Bale in The Flowers of War
Released in 2011 and directed by Yimou Zhang, The Flowers of War tells the story of the 1937 Japanese invasion of Nanking, with Ni Ni playing leading lady opposite Christian Bale as he attempts to save a group of young women from the brutality unfolding around them. The film marked her break into the industry, and has seen Ni Ni rise to stardom ever since.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on Jun 8, 2017 at 11:06am PDT
She is an ambassador for Tiffany & Co.
A fashion favourite, Ni Ni also represents Tiffany & Co., fronting their major advertising campaigns for the Asian market.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on Apr 27, 2017 at 1:29pm PDT
She starred in the Chinese remake of Bride Wars
Launched on Valentines Day in 2015, Ni Ni starred in the remake of the classic romantic comedy featuring Kate Hudson and Anne Hathway. In the remake, Ni Ni played the lead, starring alongside Chinese model and actresses Angelababy and Emmy award nominee Zhu Yawen.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on Aug 2, 2017 at 7:36pm PDT
She originally trained as a broadcaster
A graduate from the Communication University of China, Ni Ni studied broadcasting and hosting before transferring her focus to acting.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on May 30, 2017 at 12:08am PDT
Ni Ni’s boyfriend: Jing Bo Ran
Ni Ni started dating the star of Chinese blockbuster Monster Hunt in 2016. She also has an adorable cat named Ma Ma who she dedicates ample Instagram posts to.
A post shared by NiNi (@captainmiao) on Feb 22, 2017 at 7:01am PST
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.