With breathtaking waterfalls, beautiful wildlife and a rich culture, Zambia’s charm is ever present on social media. These popular travel bloggers are showcasing the best of what the country has to offer. Have a look!
Bianca Malata is a London-based IT consultant who “loves a little adventure” and “exploring the different cultures around the world at the same time”. She considers her blog It’s All Bee as “a gateway to all those that want to see the world, whether in heels or hiking boots”. Bianca believes that travel doesn’t have to be expensive, so she has a section of her blog that highlights budget travel. There are also guides to various locations like Iceland and Santorini, travel tips, travel style, packing guides and free resources on her favorite travel sites and hostels. Bianca has collaborated and partnered with various hotels and lodges, as well as The London Tourism Board, has been featured on CNN iReport, and Lonely Planet, and has been a contributing writer to sites like Travel Noire and more.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Bwanga ‘Benny Blow’ Kapumpa
As a contributing editor to Nkwazi, the in-flight magazine for Zambia’s Proflight airline, Bwanga ‘Benny Blow’ Kapumpa has scuba dived in Lake Tanganyika, hunted for the shoebill stork in Lake Bangweulu, gone on game drives at Lower Zambezi and Lochinvar National Parks, and more. Although he has a blog, Bwanga mostly uses his Instagram account to document his travels around Zambia.
After realizing that travel made her happy, Chipo Chitambi decided to pursue it. Her blog and Instagram account Chipo Autumn combine her love for photography, national monuments and history. She’s explored a castle in Lundazi, Eastern Province, and waterfalls in Northern Zambia, among other places. She also gets real about the battle to stay healthy while traveling, and not always feeling at home in her hometown of Lusaka.
Petra Chikasa’s blog, Instagram and Twitter accounts Girl Can Wander focus on her love for the great outdoors, from camping by a hot spring in Northern Zambia to climbing a mountain in Malawi. Petra is an advocate for solo travel and travelling on a budget, sharing tips on how to save money in Livingstone, the tourist capital of Zambia. Petra also uses her blog to highlight issues she cares about such as why travellers should not do lion and elephant walks. She also talks about topics concerning female travelers, such as dealing with menstruation while traveling.
Mariam describes herself as a “little nomadic traveler who enjoys learning about the history of the countries I visit… and taking photos of landscapes and fabulous architecture”. Although she was born and has spent a lot of time in the United Kingdom, her parents were born in Zambia and Malawi, while her grandparents are from India. Her blog shows her trips to the Balkans where she shares her experiences travelling while Muslim, and India where she talks about how her western education affected how she perceived the country before her visit. Her Instagram account Lost With Mariam is updated more regularly with game drives in South Luangwa National Park, beautiful images of mosques around the world, iconic buildings and more.
Wongani Ngulube of Latte Sunshine is a lifestyle blogger and vlogger who uses her Instagram account and YouTube to showcase her love for exploring Zambia, particularly its many water bodies. She has camped at the myth-inducing Lake Kashiba, as well as explored Northern Zambia’s Lake Tanganyika, Kalambo Falls and Kapishya Hotsprings.
Zabeen Zayna Ginwalla believes that “every city has a pulse that evokes a particular feeling in me. It is this sort of emotional awakening that I chase when I travel”. She aims to visit every country in the world and yearns “to explore old ruins; to adventure off into distant sunsets; to traverse across this vast earth”. Her blog Zabeens Face shows her travels to Mozambique, Jordan, Syria and more, while her more regularly updated Instagram account shows trips to France, Tanzania and the Czech Republic.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.