Uganda has a host of things a couple can do to explore and fall in love with this stunning country as you fall in love more with each other.
Bump and grind at a music festival
Walk hand-in-hand and plan to vibrate to the rhythm of East Africa’s biggest three-day music festival—Nyege Nyege International Music Festival in Jinja. It showcases the best of Africa’s underground musical acts, food, drinks, and culture. Nyege Nyege Festival happens every first weekend of September.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If you would rather stay in the city, bring out your blanket, picnic basket, sun hat, and sunglasses and marvel at Kampala’s social scene at the Blankets and Wine music festival. It’s more fun and cheaper when you carry your own wine, sunscreen, and umbrella, in case it gets blazing hot or rains cats and dogs.
The Bayimba International Festival, the oldest music festival in Uganda, will let you explore a feast of music, dance, theatre, film, and visual arts from renowned and upcoming artists every first weekend of August in Jinja.
Become a movie star
Have you and your partner ever yearned to break into the movie industry? This might just be the fun, opportune time for you and your person to be the leading couple in a movie produced in a day. Meet Isaac Nabwana, the man behind Wakaliwood, as you tour Uganda’s action-packed founded studios taking the world by storm. Be inspired by his dream to break the film industry.
Go road tripping to a safari
Rent a car and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city into the wild. A couple will definitely have a remarkable experience taking in Uganda’s stunning landscapes, scenery, and wildlife during a long drive. Driving yourself gives you the ultimate freedom to enjoy your adventure, as you can make as many stops for as long as you want without feeling like you’re holding anyone back.
Book a romantic hotel
Get away from it all, check in and hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign. With a host of top boutique and luxury hotels, resorts, lodges, AirBnBs, and hostels all over the country, why not book yourselves one for an exquisite pampering? Ugandan hospitality will go over and beyond to please a couple, because seeing people in love makes all things better. While there, make sure to sign up for a couple’s massage for that much needed rejuvenation.
Ride through the city
There is no reason to get couped up in your hotel and miss out on the buzz of the city; you do need to come up for air after all. Rent a bike or book a “boda boda” (motorbike taxi) tour and go on a ride with your love through the city. Marvel at the beautiful chaos that is Kampala city.
Go on a culinary tour
You and your loved one can also explore Uganda through food. Explore the impactful foods of Uganda’s culinary scene, such as the rolex, luwombo, malewa, and so on. Discover the stories behind these foods and the reason why Uganda is fast becoming a food destination. Round Bob organizes an exciting monthly tour that scopes out food experiences around the country.
Wine and dine at a fancy restaurant
Set the mood for a romantic evening by wining and dining each other at one of the many fancy and romantic restaurants dotted in the city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.