Atlantic swell pumps straight onto the North African coast, making Morocco a top choice for surfers. Book one of these rad surf camps in Morocco – from Taghazout to Tamraght – for the surfing trip of a lifetime.
The long coastline of Morocco makes it an ideal choice for surfers, and the country enjoys year-round surf, with the Atlantic swells at their best from October to March. The best waves can be found between Essaouira and Agadir, where villages such as Taghazout and Tamraght are becoming increasingly popular places to stay.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
While many enthusiasts prefer to fly straight into Agadir or Essaouira, it’s also possible to split your time between the surf and Marrakech. The Red City is less than 193km (120mi) inland, and the journey time to Essaouira is typically around 2.5 hours.
For many surfers, an inclusive camp is a convenient option. Surf camp packages include accommodation, meals, board and wetsuit hire, instruction and surf sessions, airport transfers and sometimes flights.
These are our recommendations for the best surf camps in Morocco. Expect excellent value for money with everything taken care of, so you can get on with riding the waves.
Paradis Plage is located 8km (5mi) north of Taghazout. This luxury resort combines a highly rated surf school, beachfront yoga studio and an eco-friendly spa. Two- to five-day surf lessons and surf guiding packages are available, making the best of the many nearby left and right breaks, from Boilers in the north to Anza in the south. The resort works in close collaboration with industry-leading brand Rip Curl to ensure you get the best wetsuits and boards. Instructors tailor tuition to suit beginners, pros and anyone in between. In short, it’s an oasis for discerning surfers who appreciate the finer things in life.
Click Surf Maroc runs this friendly camp close to Banana Point, a right-hand break popular with intermediate surfers. The package on offer includes three hours of surf lessons, a daily yoga class and an excursion to Paradise Valley, or Agadir’s atmospheric souk if the weather doesn’t cooperate. All equipment is included, and the expert instructors use photoanalysis to help surfers of all abilities improve their technique. With a range of surf spots within a short drive, three meals a day, accommodation and airport transfers, this is a good-value option for all ability levels.
Those looking for a cheap and cheerful introductory camp package would do well to consider the Sunset Surf House in Tamraght. Their best-value option is the Free Surfer deal, aimed at those who no longer need tuition but enjoy the convenience of a package deal. Dorm rooms and private accommodation are furnished with Moroccan furniture and suit a range of budgets. Meanwhile, the relaxed chill-out areas include a roof terrace with hammock. Ping-pong, board games and musical instruments are on hand for your evening entertainment.
Shaka Surf Morocco is another Tamraght-based school, a half-hour ride from Agadir. Though it can cater for all abilities, the school limits classes to small groups with a maximum of four people to one instructor. This makes the learner-to-teacher ratio ideal for beginners wishing to make speedy progress. Supervised afternoon sessions will build confidence and cement skills. Though the accommodation is a 10-minute walk to the beach, it’s an attractive riad set around a peaceful courtyard garden with a pool. Like many riads, the property features a rooftop terrace, perfect for watching the sun set over the ocean.
Laid-back Surf Soul House is a great choice for advanced surfers wishing to hone their skills. Also located in Tamraght, it boasts a view of a dozen surf spots from its rooftop terrace. The expert team understand how to ride the most challenging waves; they work hard to help you become independent and confident in the water, no matter what the conditions. This intimate all-inclusive camp has a capacity of just 18, ensuring a close-knit group. Dissect the day’s experiences together around the firepit after the sun goes down.
Looking to join like-minded travellers on a countrywide exploration? Book your place now on TRIPS by Culture Trip’s epic 13-day adventure from the ancient cities of Morocco to the Sahara and Atlas mountains.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.