Morocco’s commercial capital boasts a gastronomical scene that encompasses not only traditional Moroccan favorites, but exotic international options too. It is certainly tempting to get sucked into the Asian, Spanish, and Italian locales, but it is also crucial to try traditional Moroccan delights, which include couscous, tajine, and kefta. Read on to find out more about the best Moroccan restaurants in Casablanca.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Restaurant, Moroccan, $
Tucked into the ochre walls of an 18th-century fortified bastion north of the centre, this delightful and charming restaurant offers an escape from the bustling city. With a rustic interior and a stunning garden full of beautiful flowers, La Sqala is a haven of tranquility. Offering typical Moroccan specialties, from tajines to couscous, guests will also be able to try some authentic Moroccan tea. In the Andalusian inspired garden, guests can enjoy live entertainment, which livens up the atmosphere.
Offering a positively touristy experience, Dar Beida features bellydancers as well as oriental orchestras who never fail to provide a vibrant atmosphere while guests enjoy traditional cuisine. Dar Beida is as much about the ambiance and experience as it is about the food. Offering different regional flavors and culinary traditions, guests can enjoy the plentiful dishes on offer. Specializing in tajines and couscous, guests can get a truly authentic culinary experience here.
Restaurant, Moroccan, $$
At Al Mounia, visitors can enjoy some of the best Moroccan food in the city in a fantastic traditional restaurant. Guests are invited to sit in the authentic Moroccan salon, complete with beautiful tiles and magnificent sculpted wood, or alternatively, relax in the oasis that is the leafy and exotic garden. Al Mounia dishes up the traditional favorites, including all types of tajine and cous cous dishes, but also the less known specialties, including pigeon pastilla (now often made with beef rather than pigeon).
Restaurant, Moroccan, African, $
A traditional Moroccan restaurant, much less touristy than the rest, Le Riad offers a friendly and characterful dining experience with delicious food culminating in a relaxing and enjoyable meal. With a simple yet pleasing menu, at a pleasing price too, Le Riad serves omelets, fish, tajines, and meat dishes. For a warm welcome and an experience somewhat reminiscent of entering a Moroccan home, Le Riad is a perfect place to go with both family and friends.
Restaurant, Moroccan, Middle Eastern, $$
Boasting a romantic and inviting setting, with warm, autumnal colors and an elegant interior, La Fibule creates a relaxing and homely environment in which guests can feast on both Moroccan and Lebanese cuisine, complemented by a beautiful and captivating ocean view. As well as its traditional food and decor, the restaurant sometimes entertains guests with folk music to complete the experience. A perfect place to experience true Moroccan hospitality and cuisine.
Restaurant, Moroccan, $$
Ideally located in La Corniche beach region of Casablanca in the Val d’Anfa Hotel, Basmane is deemed one of the best for traditional cuisine, especially tajine. Guests can feast on the typical Moroccan fare whilst also taking in the intricate woodwork and beautiful mosaics. The welcoming dining rooms feature candles and flowers, and stunning colors of ocher, red and blue. Not only do the food and decor provide a culturally immersive experience, the restaurant also features a gimbri lute player, and a tbal drum player along with dancers to complete the atmosphere.
Restaurant, Moroccan, $
Located in the modern part of town, Zayna Restaurant offers Moroccan specialties at a very desirable price. As well as serving tajine and couscous dishes, Zayna Restaurant also offers delicacies such as chicken pita and lamb kefta. This delightful little restaurant has pleased visitors from all over the world for over eight years – its immense popularity attests to its incredible cuisine.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.