While Morocco may be famous for its historic cities, souks brimming with an array of eye-catching products, rugged mountains, traditional villages, and beaches, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t also plenty of ways for sports-loving travelers to indulge in their favorite pastime. Surfing, hiking, biking, and varied adventure activities can be enjoyed in Morocco. Golf enthusiasts aren’t left out either; the nation has numerous top-class and international-standard courses where you can perfect your swing and play a few rounds. Here of some of Morocco’s best golf courses.
Located on the outskirts of El Jadida, Mazagan Beach and Golf Resort is one of Morocco’s most high-class and luxurious resorts. The golf course was designed by a famous South African golfer, Gary Player. Overlooking the ocean, the 18-hole course uses natural features, such as dunes, in its design. The Mazagan Morocco Golf Academy is ideal for beginners or anyone who wants to improve their technique and the pro golfing shop sells an array of golfing goods. The course is open to members of the public as well as to hotel guests and members.
Royal Golf Marrakech
A historic course that was founded in 1927 on the wishes of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Royal Golf Marrakech is one of the most prestigious golf courses in the old imperial city. Many famous figures have played here. A variety of towering trees provide plenty of shade and a garden golf experience. The original course had just four holes, later being expended to have nine, and then enlarged again to the 18-hole course that golfers can enjoy today. Although a fairly short course, it still provides plenty of challenges. There is another nine-hole course, the Menara Course, if you want a quicker game. Equipment rentals, golf tuition, a shop, and a restaurant are all available.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A 27-hole golf course in the Palmeraies area of Marrakech, PalmGolf was designed by an American architect, Robert Trent Jones Senior. The site is relatively flat and two lopped courses can be combined or played individually. Beautiful palm trees surround the course and the peaks of the Atlas Mountains rise in the distance. The course has an impressive 11 lakes too. Pre- or post-game, you can enjoy tennis, and the restaurant serves a delicious assortment of typical Moroccan dishes. Tasteful accommodation is also available.
Among the oldest golf courses in both the country and the African continent, Royal Golf de Tanger was established in 1914. The course has a markedly British feel. Close to Tangier’s major attractions and beaches, the northern course was also the first golf course in the Mediterranean basin. Covering 65 hectares of attractive land, the 18-hole course combines flats and hills and there are also plenty of surprises! Pines, firs, cypresses, and other trees surround the course. The practice facilities, with grassed areas, a training bunker, two putting greens, and a chipping/pitching green are great for beginners to the sport. Lessons are also available.
Another brilliant golf course in the north of Morocco, Palmeraie Golf Saidia is located close to the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Eighteen glorious holes await keen golfers, each offering something different. There’s a golf academy and equipment can be rented onsite. Designed by Spanish architect Francisco Segales, the course boasts exceptional greens, gorgeous water features, and plenty of wildlife-filled natural areas.
These 12 golf courses in Morocco are just a few of the nation’s many excellent golf facilities. There are certainly plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.