Thinking of getting inked on your next trip to Morocco’s Marrakech? Here are some of the city’s best tattoo shops for a permanent memento from your time in the Red City. Alternatively, visitors could have a semi-permanent design by a henna tattoo artist instead.
Marrakech Ink is located in the newer colonial part of the city: Gueliz. The tattoo parlour is modern, clean, and hygienic, and prices are reasonable for permanent designs. Equipment is high tech, which allows for perfect lines and high precision. The tattoo artists speak good English and can do intricate details well. You can choose from existing designs or have a custom-made tattoo created.
DONE. “Ittrouki youattirou fi anfassi” • • • #tattoo#marrakechink#calligraphy#ink#arabic#perfume#tattooed#girl#marrakech#paris
A post shared by camille mabit (@cll.mb) on Sep 19, 2016 at 4:08am PDT
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Tattoo Studio Marrakech
Tattoo Studio Marrakech can be found in the city’s former industrial area of Sidi Ghanem. An area with many artists, designers, and creative souls, it’s perhaps not a surprise to find one of the city’s top-rated tattooists here too. The tattoo artists can communicate well with customers in English, and he can be contacted in advance online to discuss requirements.
#tattoostudiomarrakech #tattoostudio #tattoo #ma #marrakech
A post shared by Tattoo-studio Marrakech (@tattoostudiomarrakech) on Jul 19, 2017 at 4:17am PDT
Monamina Tatouages creates tattoos on various parts of the body as well as undertaking permanent makeup tattooing work. The centre is also known for piercing, with ears, noses, navels, eyebrows, and other parts of the body pierced by the experienced members of staff. The centre is popular with people who are interested in alternative culture.
Specialising in both tattooing and piercings, Chocho can be found along rue de Targa in Gueliz. Inking big and small designs, the tattoo artist also performs permanent makeup tattooing, including eyebrow and lip tattooing.
Lina Beauty Centre
Lina Beauty Centre is a one-stop shop for varied beauty needs, and the resident tattooist helps guests to create permanent designs that they will be happy to have on their bodies. The facility and equipment are hygienic and the prices are affordable.
Noqat Design undertakes work related to tattooing and illustration, using traditional design skills to enhance designs for the body. Customers can provide their own ideas and visual inspirations for a tattoo, and the artist will work with people to create designs that they will be proud of. Rather unusually for Morocco, where tattooing isn’t a common procedure, the tattoo artist at Noqat Design is female. Of Berber heritage, the artist also performs piercings.
#berbertattoo #handpoketattoo #berberdesign @piercingmarrakech, I’m on my way for a complete #sketchbook of it. #tattoo #tatouage #tattooed #tattooedgirls #tattooartist #femaletattooist #inkedgirl #tattoolife #inklife #inktribe #blackwork #btattooing #blacktattooart #geometrictattoo #symetric #berbertattoo #line #linetattoo #tribetattoo #berbere #ethnictattoo #tatouageethnique #ethnic #moroccanwoman #moroccantattooist #newlife
A post shared by noqat (@noqat.design) on Oct 29, 2017 at 6:52pm PDT
Spa Saint Tropez Marrakech
Spa Saint Tropez Marrakech attracts clients seeking pampering, bliss, and high-class beauty treatments and techniques. Permanent makeup and facial tattooing are among the beauty services offered at the spa, along with hair styling, manicures, pedicures, piercings, and massages.
The Henna Café
Attracting large numbers of female travellers, The Henna Café is a popular place for those looking for quality henna designs on either their hands or feet. The temporary tattoos usually fade after a few weeks, eventually leaving no mark on the skin. Henna is part of Morocco’s cultural heritage and all henna artists employed by The Henna Café are local women.
Houda in Action
A post shared by Henna Cafe Marrakech (@hennacafe) on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:14am PDT
Henna Art Cafe
Marrakech’s Henna Art Café is another top spot for beautiful semi-permanent designs. Located in the lively heart of the medina and just a short walk from Djemaa el Fna, it’s a great place to unwind with a drink and a tasty meal before or after having your body decorated with henna.
#MarrakechHennaArtCafe #marrakech #kech #morocco #medina #henna #art #tattoo #hennabodyart #exhibition #hennamuseum #hennaartmuseum #marrakechhennamuseum #responsibletourism #mural #photoghraph #photoart #photoartist #mixedmedia #collage #travel #travelArt #culture #artforsale #hennaDesign #hennatattoo #hennaartcafe #handoffatima #lorikgordon
A post shared by Marrakech Henna Art Cafe (@marrakechhennaartcafe) on Oct 18, 2017 at 10:26am PDT
The Ensemble Artisan showcases various arts and crafts from Morocco. As well as being able to buy a range of traditional items, visitors can also sit and have a henna tattoo drawn. The skilled artist creates eye-catching designs that are often seen at typical Moroccan weddings.
Au Petit Bonhomme La Chance
Essaouira, within the wider Marrakech provincial area, is a popular day-trip destination from the Red City. Au Petit Bonhomme La Chance is one of the best places in the coastal city for striking henna tattoos. Located in the medina, the shop also sells an array of spices, scents, and herbal remedies.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.