Brisbane city takes advantage of year-round decent weather, with more walks, bike paths, parks and outdoor venues than you can shake a stick at. Those travelling to the river city with romantic inclinations will find plenty of places for slow strolling, throwing a picnic blanket down, and al fresco dining moments to dial up the passion. What better way to further extend the romantic gestures to a loved one than by taking them to a passion-stirring hotel? We make it easy for you to pick the best Brisbane check-ins that’ll show your partner you love them. And they’re all bookable via Culture Trip.
This oasis in the heart of Fortitude Valley is an adult playground. Relax with a couple of poolside cocktails, on shaded cabanas overlooking one of the most Instagrammed pools in Brisbane. Inside, the room look is a sublime statement to old-world glamour, with soft pink hues and a marble bathroom with a deep, circular bath waiting for a few rose petals. Feeling famished? Wander downstairs to Hellenika restaurant, where tasty Greek dishes will sate any hunger pangs. Ask for a table overlooking the tranquil pool. Once your food settles, you and your date really ought to take a late-evening plunge.
The bohemian charm of this boutique hotel is revealed the moment you walk into the themed lobby. The pick of the 103 rooms for romance is the large spa room with its designer furnishings and spacious lounge area. In the en-suite, a private spa bath awaits. The luxurious beds cover all lovey-dovey bases, from pillow menus to sumptuous headboards. The hotel has made the most of technology gadgets with Alexa installed in every room; all you need to do is demand it download your Spotify romantic playlist, and the rest will be revealed.
The multi-faceted gold and bronze glass exterior of this six-storey hotel doesn’t give any indication of what’s inside. Walls and hallways are adorned with artwork by acclaimed Melbourne-based artist Vincent Fantauzzo – and they’re head-turning. Rooms are either cliff or river-facing. The former are private and give the feeling of being “cocooned”. A balcony suite will give you commanding views of the Brisbane River. Take advantage of the proximity to popular Howard Smith Wharves. And when you’re tired and hungry, a two-minute stroll from the front door brings you to any one of the precinct’s trendy establishments.
The sandstone exterior of this heritage listed building implies old-world grandeur for the interior. Designers have cleverly combined age-old features with luxurious details. The rooms are spacious with 5.5m (18ft) ceilings and luxe fittings including chandeliers and gilt-framed mirrors – conducive to passion, of course, like the marble bathrooms with their deep baths for intimate twosomes. Drain a cocktail on your private balcony overlooking the city or South Bank – when in the mood for food, leave your soft white bathrobe in the luxury of your room and share breakfast at the Lab or Kitchen at the Treasury.
Perched above Brisbane’s CBD on Wickham Terrace, this Art-Deco hotel is filled with a treasure trove of eclectic art pieces. Modern amenities have been added to many architectural features retained from the original 1920s building. Fans of movies like The Great Gatsby, Casablanca and Chicago will feel like they’re on one of their movie sets at the Inchcolm Bar. So, where best to retreat to for romance? Our advice – if you can splurge – is the Thompson suite, with its rich-coloured walls, four-poster king bed and gleaming metal Art Deco accents. If all this doesn’t have you both writhing about in ecstasy, you’d better summon some room-service martinis and have another go.
Caxton Street is where you’ll find half of Brisbane gathering before a football game at nearby Suncorp Stadium. If football or live music fail to ignite your romantic spark, escape to the Gambaro Hotel’s stylish interiors – our money’s on a spell in one of the generously sized bathrooms, with rain showers made for two. Watch the football crowd saunter down Caxton Street to the game as you sip champagne from your balcony. And if the way to your partner’s heart is through good food, Gambaro Hotel boasts two award-anointed restaurants – Black Hide Steakhouse and Gambaro Seafood Restaurant.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.