Never mind the expansive coastline of beautiful beaches – sometimes you just want a hot hotel with a cool pool; somewhere less sandy (and less shark-populated) to top up your tan, read a book, swim laps, entertain the kids or unwind with a poolside drink. Luckily, Perth is awash with indoor, outdoor, rooftop, heated, family-friendly, resort-style lagoons and infinity pools. So pack your sunscreen and splash your cash on these Perth hotels with pools. They’re even bookable on Culture Trip, to make things super-simple.
Perth hotels with pools and spas don’t get much more relaxing than the Sebel, a waterfront strip of studios and apartments on the calm Claisebrook Cove. Drink in views of Swan River from the heated outdoor swimming pool, with its handy barbecue and entertaining area. All rooms have king beds, complimentary laundry and kitchen facilities including a microwave and fridge. This place is ideal for singles, couples and groups, not to mention corporate travellers – there’s a business centre, meeting rooms, 24-hour reception, a concierge and dry-cleaning services.
Opened in the late months of 2020, this is a fresh and shiny hotel that makes the most of its setting in Subiaco. Five minutes from the CBD, it boasts parks, leafy laneways and bike trails. The streets of Subi are buzzing with fun pubs and jazz bars, not to mention the Regal Theatre. Alternatively, drink or dine at the rooftop Storehouse Perth Subiaco restaurant with its cool open-air seating. The ninth-storey roof is home to a gym and a heated pool. Relaxing here, you’ll enjoy superb panoramic views of the Perth skyline.
Of all the Perth hotels with indoor pools and saunas, this is the fanciest. It’s a luxurious landmark with a lap pool and floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto the convict-built Town Hall. Be sure to explore the rest of this historical building, with a tempting array of bars and boutiques as well as places to eat. COMO is best known for the indigenous-inspired menu at the Wildflower restaurant, so here’s your chance to try native succulents and herbs – or perhaps a sandalwood-nut praline for dessert.
Dominating the waterfront hub of Elizabeth Quay, this celebrated five-star hotel needs no introduction. The spectacular centrepiece is its heated infinity pool with views of the Swan River, best witnessed at sunset – but that’s not the only water feature. The Ritz-Carlton Spa has men’s and women’s vitality pools with massaging jet sprays, spa baths, sauna and relaxation rooms.
Here’s a vibrant high-rise building notable for its massive mural, spanning 25 storeys, by street artist Matt Adnate. Inside the art-themed hotel more artworks, complimentary art tours, in-room art channels, art libraries and colourful designer touches await. Meanwhile, there’s a cute outdoor pool area furnished with sink-into seating, head-turning striped umbrellas and a living wall of plants. Settle in and enjoy the view of this cosy oasis over breakfast or a drink in the bar.
On the edge of the third floor, the infinity pool and deck at the Crowne Plaza have an impressive setting overlooking the inner city of East Perth, Langley Park and the Swan River foreshore. Nab yourself a cabana, recline and soak up the sun, or watch the sunset before a meal of delicious local produce and wines at the Gusti Restaurant and Bar – the outlook over the park and river is beautiful. There’s also free bike hire, a gym and a business centre – this is a hotel to settle into for a good week.
It’s all happening in the rooftop leisure centre at the Mercure. Head up to the top floor and you’ll find a super-modern gym stacked with exercise equipment, as well as a heated swimming pool that’s perfect for laps. There’s also a hot tub, and some of the suites have a private whirlpool tub on the balcony. Corporate types will enjoy the business centre as well as the various meeting and conference rooms, while you can drink and dine beside holidaymakers in the Italian cafe-bar or Beccaria Restaurant.
It’s closer to the airport than the city, and sure enough, the Ingot sorts complimentary airport transfers – one big reason to book this fine four-star hotel. And the other reasons? Free parking, guest laundry, a fully equipped gym, 24-hour reception, a heated outdoor pool and spa and the four-minute drive to Ascot Racecourse. Dining options include Eyre Restaurant for Asian-influenced cuisine and Sterling Café & Bar, which has a fine setting overlooking the pool.
For great family-friendly accommodation options in Perth, check out our guide to the best family-friendly hotels in Perth, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.