The next best thing to a holiday house in Perth is a hotel or apartment that feels like home. For a longer stay, you want to feel relaxed and comfortable in well-equipped accommodation with enough space to fully unpack and settle in. So don’t waste your time inspecting home rentals or holiday homes. Perth has plenty of properties that are perfect for longer stays, with the added benefits of hotel services. Move into one of these stress-free bases by booking through Culture Trip.
Experience the freedom of city living in Mounts Bay Village, a secluded sanctuary with tennis courts, a courtside restaurant (which also provides room service) and a cool outdoor pool. For long stays, each apartment has two or three bedrooms, a separate living area, kitchen with dishwasher, laundry and a balcony or courtyard. This unbeatable location in Perth’s Free Transit Zone makes it a sensible choice for people using public transport to get around, but undercover parking also makes it handy for families or corporate travellers with a car.
The average extended stay at Fraser Suites Perth is 21 nights, but some guests stay for several months or even years. It sits in the quieter end of town, down the road from the WACA, and the calmness of the surroundings is a main attraction for business travellers and families. Home-style comforts include a modern kitchen with dishwasher, family-size fridge, washing machine, dryer, balcony and a stylish lounge and dining area. Hotel amenities include a heated indoor pool, spa, sauna, 24-hour gym, lobby bar and restaurant.
Around the corner from Perth City Station, Adina is central to everything you could possibly need: a quick stroll brings you to Murray Street Mall, the Art Gallery of Western Australia and WA Museum Boola Bardip. Apartments of one, two or three bedrooms effortlessly cut the mustard, with a kitchen and laundry, but you also get hotel features including a minibar, outdoor pool, sauna and gym. Staying here makes absolute sense if you wish to explore Perth from the water: it’s a straight line to the Barrack Street Ferry Terminal (including departures to Rottnest Island) and a 10-minute walk to Elizabeth Quay.
These short-stay serviced apartments have a prime location within easy walking distance of the Swan River, Murray Street Mall, Perth Mint, Royal Hospital Perth and the WACA. Choose from one or two bedrooms with separate lounge, dining area and kitchen equipped with a full-size fridge, oven, microwave and washing machine. Best of all for us is the private balcony with its city view. The two-bedroom deluxe penthouse apartment is a very spacious 79sqm (850sqft) – and that’s before you count the balcony. Smaller studios are also available for solo travellers – in fact, this may be your best berth in Perth.
Travelling with the family? Swoop in on this special place, which boasts an arcade room and a gaming room for children. There’s also an outdoor pool, spa, sauna, fitness room and a shaded BBQ and entertainment area. Around 200m (650ft) from RAC Arena, it’s handy for bars, restaurants and attractions such as Elizabeth Quay and the Art Gallery of WA, with Perth city centre 1km (0.6mi) away. Enjoy meals on your own sunny balcony, as well as essentials such as a desk, sofa, ironing set and washing machine.
More like a set of apartments than a hotel, 188 delivers all the basics you need to live like a local in inner-city Northbridge. Each unit has a kitchen with a fridge, oven, hob, microwave, kettle and washer/dryer, plus parking (for an extra fee). You won’t be fending for yourself completely – there’s a 24-hour front desk and the offer of free toiletries, while housekeeping can be organised on request. When hunger pangs stab, pop out to discover the dining scene of Chinatown. If you fancy heading further afield, you’re a 10-minute walk to Perth Underground Station and Perth Station.
Quest is the expert in home-style living. The two-bedroom superior apartment really feels like a Perth holiday house, with a full kitchen and laundry, separate dining and lounge areas, a private balcony, a master bedroom with a king bed and a second bedroom with two single beds that can be converted into a king. One-bedroom apartments also have balconies and windows that can be opened for fresh air. In a nutshell, this is not one of those hotels that pretends to be just like an apartment – it’s all that and more.
Here’s the perfect pick for people attending conferences at the adjacent Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre: Adina is a brilliant base for business, only minutes from the office strip of St Georges Terrace, with meeting rooms available on site. And when it comes to your leisure time? Splash in the outdoor pool, soak in the spa and sauna or pound away the calories in the gym – so you won’t feel bad about dining on the terrace at Metro Bar & Bistro, which also offers room service. On the doorstep of Elizabeth Quay, these stylish studios and apartments have full kitchens, in-room laundries and ample living space. Believe us, you won’t want to go home.
Looking for family-friendly accommodation in Perth? Check out our pick of the best family-friendly hotels in Perth, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.