Made famous by country stars from Johnny Cash to Dolly Parton, Nashville has become wildly popular for food, drink, nightlife, shopping and – of course – music. Enjoy the best of what the Tennessee capital has to offer at one of these hotels, bookable on Culture Trip.
Thinking about a trip to Nashville? You’re not the only one. The past decade has seen a boom in visitors attracted by the city’s world-beating bourbon and Texas barbecue scene, vintage shopping and “Nashvegas” nightlife. Its Centennial Park is an oasis of calm in Music City, away from the honky tonks and pedal taverns of Broadway, although a stay nearby gives you the choice to enjoy both.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A stay at Bobby’s means sunset, live music and cocktails on the rooftop lounge, followed up with whiskey macs in the graffitied on-site dive bar, with new best friends whose names you’ve already forgotten. Then it’s sunglasses on for bloody marys at drag brunch the next day – no skimping on the tabasco – before heading down to the spa for a 90-minute revitalising ESPA massage. Whoever Bobby is, we’ve got two thumbs up for their idea of a good time.
Just three blocks from Centennial Park, this West End beaut is somewhat unusual: a luxury hotel geared towards group travel. If you’re coming to Nashville en masse – for a special birthday, bachelorette party or reunion – you can select a single room, a penthouse suite with dining for 10 people, a floor with five bedrooms, living area and kitchen, or the whole four-story building. Whatever you choose, it’ll feature immaculate monochrome modern design, California king beds and luxurious touches – think rain-head showers, free bottled water and automated sun shades.
Combining the privacy of a vacation rental with the perks of a hotel room, this Sonder one-bed in Midtown comes with free parking, shower amenities and towels. You’ve got the freedom to come and go as you please, try out some Southern-style cooking in the full kitchen and challenge your friends on the bocce court. It’s 10 blocks to Centennial Park to the southwest, another 10 blocks to the Arts District to the northeast, and even closer to the legendary bars of Music Row and Broadway for guaranteed good times.
Right across from the university campus in the West End, this is a popular choice for parents of students and business travelers, as well as tourists. It’s smarter than many of the Downtown options and much quieter – a great choice for those who value their sleep. Other pluses include the hotel shuttle – basically a free SUV taxi to anywhere within three miles – in-room fitness equipment on request and 24-hour room service for post-party cravings.
The concept behind the high-end accommodation start-up Mint House brand is hotel-level hospitality with home comforts. This plays out nicely at the Reserve, an old bank building in Downtown. Its studio, one- and two-bed apartments come with high ceilings, full kitchens, plenty of space, free use of the fitness center and courtyard with an outdoor fireplace. Groups who need more space can invest in the Vault, a large meeting and dining space with facilities for up to 25. In town for a big gig? This place is a stone’s throw from both Ryman Auditorium and Bridgestone Arena.
Described by one reviewer as “like a Tsar’s palace,” this opulent pad is the little-disputed star of Music City’s hotel scene. Opened in 1910 as Nashville’s first million-dollar hotel, its ornate beaux arts building has been hosting presidents and celebrities ever since. There’s a full spa, of course, and the ranch-to-table grill restaurant is notable. But the real stand-out feature is its legendary Southern service. The ever-helpful concierge will arrange on-demand caviar or massages at all hours, and even walk your dog.
There’s a lovely, polished feel to this Downtown boutique hotel – and it’s not just the hickory hardwood floors, leather armchairs and rose gold accessories. A hotel since 1930, Noelle’s art nouveau shell was renovated in the 2010s, with up-to-date additions including a new gym with Peloton bikes and Rare Bird rooftop bar for cocktails with a view. Service is also tip-top, including coffee deliveries to your room in the morning – the best idea in a city that goes to bed at dawn.
Roll up your wagons to this Vanderbilt area stay, from college-town boutique brand Graduate, and you’ll find a tongue-in-cheek take on the city where kitsch and fun are turned up to 11. Rooms feature chintz, gingham and framed portraits of Dolly, the rooftop pool is flanked by floral loungers and the hotel’s own white stretch limo is on hand to take you to Broadway, for a fee. There’s even a karaoke bar, where an animatronic back-up band – The Cross-Eyed Critters – will support you as you howl out Jolene.
This upscale Midtown accommodation claims to be a boutique hotel, but with 250 rooms we feel this is pushing the definition somewhat. However, that’s practically the only thing we can fault this place on. Rooms come with comfy beds and rainfall showers. Its restaurant, Urban Farmer, opened in 2021 and is as big on sustainability as it is on flavor. Plus there are two Writers’ Studios on site, complete with recording equipment and instruments, so if you suddenly feel inspired during your stay you can pop down and record your own album – note booking is required.
This branch of Marriott’s youthful Moxy brand is a great match for younger visitors to Music City. There are few fussy touches, recognizing that guests will want to be out and about: just a great bar with table games, free breakfast and drink on arrival, in-house gym and good in-room tech – big TVs, USB chargers and strong wifi. Its location near Vanderbilt and Belmont universities gives visitors the chance to meet plenty of young locals, and hopefully see a bit of the real Nashville.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.