Wellness is at the heart of the offerings at EVEN; each guest room comes with a fitness kit and on-demand instructional videos. Should you need more, there’s a modern fitness studio with weights and machines. Fuel up at Cork & Kale, which serves a health-focused food menu plus smoothies and organic cocktails. Nearby attractions include the Brooklyn Bridge and the Barclays Center.
Channelling the artistic side of Brooklyn, NU Hotel is a design-forward boutique packed with personality. All the guest rooms and suites are stylishly put together; some of the latter come with bold murals from local and international street artists. There’s also a fitness center with free weights, treadmills, exercise bikes and elliptical machines, plus access to a collection of hotel-owned bikes for exploring town. End the day with local beers and wines in the bar.
If you’re looking for a great-value hotel in Brooklyn, you can’t go wrong with Hotel Le Jolie in Williamsburg. It has 52 cozy rooms, each with a rainfall shower, and a complimentary breakfast every morning. That’ll set you up nicely to explore the Williamsburg neighborhood – within walking distance is the Brooklyn Brewery, and it’s just over 10 minutes by cab to the Lower East Side. If you’re driving, there’s free parking on a first come, first served basis.
One of the only five-star hotels in Brooklyn is appropriately located on the edge of happening Williamsburg, near the Nitehawk dine-in cinema and the Music Hall of Williamsburg. Work up a sweat in the gym before grabbing a lounger by the largest outdoor hotel pool in New York. Rooms echo the high-tech esthetic of the facade, and the four dining options range from playful food truck Mister Dips to modern Italian at Leuca, all curated by Michelin-starred chef Andrew Carmellini.
Fusing high-end minimalism with industrial chic, the Wythe has transformed the World War II munitions factory space it occupies. The hotel prides itself on its ecofriendly credentials – bathroom products are produced at nearby Rockaway Beach, while beds are made from reclaimed ceiling timber. Meanwhile, the hotel curator selects art for the bedrooms and communal areas, which double as gallery space for emerging artists. French brasserie Le Crocodile is one of the best in town.
What happens when you combine the ultra-trendy Williamsburg neighborhood with the unbridled creativity of the London-based Hoxton hotel chain? A hipster utopia emerges – one filled with millennial-pink wing chairs and a cacophony of prints. Expect clever design such as fold-down desks and under-bed drawers, and floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the rooms with natural light. Elsewhere, don’t miss lobster rolls and rosé at Summerly, the fabulous rooftop bar.
For Greenpoint apartment-style living with hotel amenities, the Franklin Guesthouse delivers. Most of the mid-century modern suites have their own fridge and kitchenette, and feature thoughtful touches such as a throw on the sofa, Pharmacopia toiletries and commissioned works by Brooklyn-based artist Kip Jacobs. No breakfast is included, but the MADRE on-site restaurant serves delicately spiced cocktails and artful seafood platters.
The unconventional sister hotel of the Franklin is based in a 19th-century textile warehouse in Greenpoint. Studios and suites have bags of character regardless of price, with a weathered coffee table here and a cable-knit pillow there. For Manhattan skyline views, splurge on a penthouse suite with a wooden terrace and hope for good weather. Make the most of the complimentary vintage car service, which will ferry you around the excellent restaurants and boutiques of Greenpoint.
This five-star hotel lures travelers with unbeatable views of the Manhattan skyline, which are best enjoyed from Harriet’s Lounge craft cocktail bar, the rooftop bar and plunge pool. Meanwhile, the foliage-filled lobby nods to the green philosophy the hotel espouses: recycled wood, shower timers and chalkboards in place of notebooks are just some of the sustainable touches you’ll find here.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.