Summer in New York City means making the outdoors your dance floor. Diverse music styles can be heard all over, from traditional rooftop bars to unexpected brunch spots and even a museum. Bring sunblock and your best moves to the best places to dance outdoors in New York City.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Nowadays bills its Mister Sunday party as being an event for septuagenarians, twentysomething club kids, toddlers and everyone in between. Each Sunday from 3pm to 9pm, all these groups and more head to the Bushwick-Ridgewood border for live DJ performances, food stands and a full bar. As a bonus, children and dogs are both welcome.
New York salsa fans should all know about Industry City, home to the best Latin American dance parties around. On designated Salsa Sundays and Wednesdays throughout the summer, Brooklyn’s mini-city hosts a live salsa band and dancing. Tip: bring the kids on Sundays (1pm to 6pm) when the event features family activities and a pop-up market, and fly solo on Wednesdays (6pm to 11pm) when drink specials include a free first drink.
MoMa PS 1
Attending this long-running outdoor dance party at a museum is a rite of passage for New Yorkers. MoMA PS1’s Warm Up 2018 kept the tradition going with more than 75 acts across 10 Saturdays. As if dancing at a modern art museum wasn’t trippy enough, the Warm Up also hosted an installation by creative studio Dream The Combine, featuring large-scale, interactive mirrors.
Located atop The James Hotel in SoHo, JIMMY is an indoor-outdoor lounge offering 360-degree views of the Manhattan skyline. Come summertime, the space, which is inspired by classic pubs and ’70s New York City, opens into a rooftop pool deck, where dance parties are known to break out nightly.
FREEHOLD Brooklyn knows New Yorkers can’t dance on an empty stomach. That’s why the Williamsburg business combines brunch – featuring dishes such as the vegetarian Impossible Burger and cocktails such as the Bae(sic) and Hot Ex – with a dance party on its open-air floor. During the colder months, dancers take refuge on FREEHOLD’s enclosed, heated outdoor space.
The dance parties at this penthouse discotheque are as legendary as the club itself. Perched atop The Standard, High Line hotel, Le Bain is known for its glitzy clientele who choose the Meatpacking District destination for its plunge pool, crêperie and discerning door attendants. Experience them all, plus performances by world-famous DJs and a state-of-the-art sound system, from the rooftop dance floor.
Midsummer Night Swing
Who would have thought New York’s prestigious Lincoln Center would host one of the summer’s buzziest dance party series? At Midsummer Night Swing, New Yorkers of all ages and backgrounds rub elbows on the outdoor dance floor, where they dance to live salsa, honky-tonk and big-band music.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.