If you’re in Williamsburg and looking for a beer that isn’t your traditional light American lager, there are plenty of options for local or international craft beers. From local breweries to bars with classic arcade games, here are the best places in Williamsburg to enjoy a craft beer or two.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Brooklyn Brewery has been a local treat for Williamsburg residents since 1988. The famed brewery even gives tours highlighting its unique and ever-developing brewing process. Along with well-known favorite Brooklyn Lager, the brewery features a number of unique formulations on tap for beer connoisseurs. With brews like Sorachi Ace, developed from a Japanese brewing process discovered in the 1970s, the brewmasters of Brooklyn Brewery continue to hone their craft. They also offer seasonal favorites such as the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (October to March) or Post Road Pumpkin Ale (August to November).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Great for group outings because of its large wooden tables, local beer garden Spritzenhaus combines your love of draft beer, tasty foods and board games. Enjoy affordably priced selections from the bar’s extensive beer list, which includes lagers, ales, Belgian ales, sours, wheats and porters, as you snack on sausages and soft pretzels before challenging your company to a nail-biting round of Jenga.
For rooftop drinking without the pretension, look no further than Berry Park. Situated on the border of Bushwick and Williamsburg, this two-floor bar features everything from soccer on projector screens to a cozy fireplace and a foosball table, ensuring diverse entertainment and an even more diverse crowd. Offerings on draft include pilsners and lagers from Germany, lagers from Spain and pale ales from Belgium, while stouts, IPAs and others are available by the bottle.
Possibly the best beer bar in Williamsburg, Spuyten Duyvil has a microbrew menu that is untouchable. With rare and obscure beers from all over the world on tap and by the bottle, Spuyten Duyvil is the go-to spot for any brew fan looking to try something new. Whether you consider yourself a beer aficionado or an amateur, do yourself a favor and explore Spuyten Duyvil’s extensive offerings.
Established in 1992, Mugs Alehouse is a dark and spacious tavern located in North Williamsburg. Mugs has a seemingly endless supply of beers on tap or by the bottle, complemented by simple bar foods including nachos, large pretzels and wings. The Alehouse also hosts a monthly meeting of Brooklyn’s leading home-brewing and beer appreciation club, The Malted Barley Appreciation Society. Guest speakers from breweries around the world come to chat with patrons at this meeting, held at 7.30pm on the second Wednesday of each month.
Kent Ale House
Kent Ale House hails itself as the “premier pub and sports bar in Williamsburg.” This watering hole offers 24 craft beers on tap and more than 30 beers by the bottle, with the emphasis on local New York breweries. A home away from home for Arsenal FC fans, Kent Ale House airs soccer, rugby, football, baseball, hockey and basketball games on its 12 flatscreen TVs. Happy hour is from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays, and Kent Ale House has additional food and drink specials available during games, no matter what time they start.
The mission of Beer Karma is to educate customers about craft beer while providing an opportunity for patrons to drink rare and unique beers that are hard to find elsewhere. This bottle shop and tasting counter focuses on local brews from the five boroughs, as well as beers from around the USA and the world. There is a rotating draft selection of local craft beers on tap, with a large selection of bottles and cans for visitors to purchase and take home.
Barcade is where video games and craft beers come together under one roof. The flagship location opened in 2004 in a former metal shop in Williamsburg. Barcade has expanded to other locations around the city, including two in Manhattan (Chelsea and East Village) and one in Jersey City, as well as locations in Connecticut and Philadelphia. Play old-school arcade games including Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Daytona USA while enjoying craft beers. Visit their website to find out what’s on tap before you go.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.