Locally known as the Glen, Watkins Glen International is a world-renowned race track in New York. Gearheads visiting this iconic destination will want to stay in one of these great hotels – bookable on Culture Trip.
As a historic home of the Formula One Grand Prix, the site has also hosted the World Sportscar Championship and the Nascar Cup Series – among other competitions. The first permanent circuit was built in 1956 and before that, public roads were used as race tracks for years. Usually described as the Mecca of North American road racing, this circuit has also been used to host music festivals since the 70s.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lodging at the Gaffer Inn is located on the historical Market Street downtown Corning, home to the Corning Museum of Glass – as well as the Rockwell Museum. This charming boutique venue features rooms with amenities thought to maximize each visitor’s moments of comfort and relaxation, including comfy pillow-top mattresses, a fireplace, desk, a wet bar and a small dining area. The on-site dining space – Burgers & Beers of Corning – serves amazing gourmet burgers and sandwiches, wings, fish fry and a selection of over 30 local craft beers on tap.
Nel’s Place is a welcoming hotel in Corning featuring well-appointed homes and chalets with a rustic flair and every comfort you could possibly seek for a memorable stay. Surrounded by trees and a quiet environment, this is the ultimate place to stay for a tranquil getaway in the woods. The guesthouse offers accommodation in the area of Corning, just 22mi (36km) from Watkins Glen. Every unit here features a convenient fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and free parking, too. This place is also in a premium area for cycling in nature – or simply play table tennis and take advantage of the modern fitness center.
Conveniently close to Corning, New York, Courtyard Elmira Horseheads caters to every detail for an unforgettable trip in the area. Stays here come with complimentary parking and delicious breakfasts, a 24-hour fitness center and an indoor pool – along with inviting lobby spaces boasting free Wi-Fi and state-of-the-art GoBoard technology. Every suite and room features an extra sofa bed and a handy coffee station while business travelers can keep track of their activities sitting at the convenient in-room oversized desks.
The Enchanted Cottage on Glen is a beautiful fully furnished home, tastefully decorated for your utmost comfort and relaxation. It includes a kitchen fully stocked with spices, oil, butter, pots and pans as well as a few groceries. Located in West Elmira – just minutes from the Glen – this guest house features three bedrooms, a library stocked with classics, hi-speed wireless internet, cable TV and an interesting DVD collection that you can enjoy during your stay.
Hotel, bistro and spa, La Tourelle is a warm, cozy home to spend a relaxing holiday near the Glen. In the area, it’s possible to hike to Buttermilk Falls or explore the local wineries, museums and music venues in the Finger Lakes region. Upon stepping into the lobby, you’re welcomed by comfortable seating, a blazing fireplace in the winter and a custom bar featuring local drinks. In each room, complimentary coffee, comfortable beds and inspiring views of the surrounding grounds await you. The venue is praised by the pampering treatments at the August Moon Spa – including massage and skincare treatments with natural products made with ingredients from the garden.
Nestled in the heart of Ithaca, the William Henry Miller Inn is within walking distance from iconic landmarks such as Cornell University and the breathtaking Cascadilla Gorge. If you’ve got time, explore the surrounding area, including the local wineries, parks and inspiring waterfalls. As a perfect choice both for a romantic getaway or a business trip, the inn features a daily full homemade breakfast and evening desserts with locally roasted organic coffee and tea. Some of the rooms here also include a whirlpool tub.
Have you ever considered staying at a US university? Well, this hotel gives you that chance. The Slater is a contemporary hotel tucked into Cornell University’s campus, overlooking the beautiful Cayuga Lake. The venue was established in 1950 as an experiment in hotel education, thus becoming a leader in top hospitality. Unique in services and atmosphere, the students from Cornell’s School of Hotel Administration work and receive a real-life educational experience while delivering exceptional service to guests. While rooms exude upscale comfort and modern design and suites feature ample living spaces and luxury amenities, you’ll appreciate the four different dining venues, home to exceptional food, drink and ambiance.
A former boathouse, the Ithaca Boat House was originally a workshop. Situated directly over the waters on Cayuga Lake, Ithaca features two comfortable units to rent. The accommodation is just minutes from downtown Ithaca and only a short drive from the Glen. While the upper one used to be an artist studio, the ground-level apartment functioned as housing to a boat. The property still preserves its unique original features, including the large boat bench in the yard, as well as the atmospheric built-in bookshelves. Both units feature a full kitchen with utensils and cooking equipment, a Keurig coffee pot, microwave, stove and an oven.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.