Like any predominately professional area in Manhattan, Tribeca is largely fueled by caffeine. Whether you’re all about a good brew or consider coffee secondary to the snack it’s paired with, there’s a neighborhood café just right for you. Here, we’ve rounded up 10 of our favorite cafés for the next time you’re craving caffeine in Tribeca.
Offering tasting notes such as “historic,” “beloved,” and “heartfelt,” it’s clear La Colombe knows coffee. The café’s perpetual crowds seem to agree; there are always lines of caffeine-craving locals enjoying the spot’s minimalist décor with a drinks menu to match. Looking to cool down quickly? La Colombe also stocks its canned draft lattes in varieties such as coconut milk, triple-espresso, and pure black.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Equipped with a mouthwatering “cake-pole” as a nod to the café’s previous tenant, Harmony Burlesque, Baked Tribeca is not your common coffee house. Chocolate and sweet curry cookies, pumpkin whoopee pies, and chocolate Coca-Cola® cakes round out the café’s menu of off-beat offerings. Endorsed by Goop, Bon Appetít, and Oprah herself, Baked Tribeca deserves a spot on any dessert lover’s New York itinerary.
Only in New York can coffee and pizza be considered an acceptable breakfast. Even the most skeptical of eaters will be converted after a trip to Grandaisy Bakery, a café serving up classic coffee beverages and authentic Italian sheet pizza. Grandaisy’s slices feature crisped-to-perfection crust and elevated toppings, such as butternut squash, rosemary potatoes, fresh Cremini mushrooms, and more. For more traditional diners, the spot offers sandwiches served on housemade bread as well as sophisticated snacks and pastries.
From charmingly mismatched plateware to communal tables to generous portions of wholesome dishes, everything about Maman Tribeca gives the impression of dining in someone’s home. Specializing in “family-inspired recipes” hailing from the south of France, the spot serves soft-boiled eggs, market veggie-filled quiches, croque mamans made with truffle béchamel, and more. When the café does decide to venture from tradition, creative concoctions such as lavender hot chocolate and deconstructed avocado toast don’t disappoint.
It should come as no surprise that a café honoring an “evolving coffee culture” is so well-loved by New Yorkers. At its Tribeca location (you can also visit the business in Midtown and Williamsburg), Gotan creates a café so perfect that you forget it’s even there. Settle in under the exposed brick and window-lined walls with a house-cured salmon bialy and caffeine fix courtesy of Counter Culture for the kind of meditative morning only possible at Gotan.
Kaffe 1668 South
Centered around the Scandinavian belief in enjoying “the simple things in life,” Kaffe 1668 South is a haven for coffee purists. Here, the most complicated menu items are the café’s accommodating alternative milk options, which include almond, soy, and macadamia nut varieties. Equipped with candle-topped tables and unusual-but-welcome sheep-themed décor, Kaffe 1668 South provides one of the city’s most calming coffee-drinking experiences.
Located within an inconspicuous Tribeca office building, Arcade Bakery is a favorite destination amongst in-the-know foodies. From traditional French boulangerie findings to unique options such as chocolate bread, whiskey-pecan babka, and gourmet personal pizzas, Arcade’s kitchen cooks up some of the city’s best baked goods. Also serving expertly made straightforward coffee drinks, this hidden spot proves that the best things in life are the ones you don’t expect.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.